Er positive pr negative

Hi All

I have a receptor status of ER positive 8/8 and PR negative which is worrying me from things that I have read in terms of prognosis. I wondered if anyone else has the same status or any knowledge/advice. I am her negative also.

Many thanks

Bookie

I have progesterone but I’ve read a lot of commenters with just estrogen and most seem to be doing fine. I mean estrogen is all you need to be on endocrine therapy and that’s the main treatment for hormonal positive breast cancer.

Hi Bookie 

I have recently been diagnosed a invasive ductal carcinoma and ER + PR positive. I am waiting on some more tests. I am concerned it has spread because of the pain in my bones at night. How did you discover your cancer? 

Hello Bookie

Hope you are well.

I have just been diagnosed with Er+ PR- still waiting for her2 result, you are the first person I have come across that has same results as me, like you I am worried it’s worse than both being positive, I just wondered how you are doing now and what treatment you had.

Sending you my very best wishes
Lizzie

Hi Lizzie

I know this sounds bizarre but after I posted this I discovered that my hospital do not report for progesterone just oestrogen. The bcn had been confused as she was new and assumed I was pr negative as no result was on the system but I actually do not know whether I am or not. I am sorry I cant be of any further help but I am in the dark myself.

Best wishes

Bookie

Thanks very much for your reply Bookie, my consultant didn’t say anything about progesterone as far as I can remember she just said it’s oestrogen positive, it was the BCN who rang me on Monday and said it’s oestrogen 100% progesterone 0 and of course the more I google the more confused I get! I am having my mri at 7.30 tomorrow morning and hopefully another consultant appointment next Thursday so will check with her.

Thanks again

Take Care

Lizzie

I also had to clarify my PR status at a routine appointment and was also told that they generally just say ER status - I don’t know why this is as I was also concerned. . I was PR + as well but make sure they give you the whole picture . I was able upon asking to get a copy of my Pathology report and talk it through with the BCN at a routine appointment. You do need someone to interpret / go through it with you otherwise it’s easy to get the wrong end of the stick. Xx

Thank you for your reply, I was in a state of shock last week and wasn’t really aware of what this meant even though my mum had breast cancer three times, the oldest diagnosis is 30 years ago so things were very different, all she was told was they caught it early and it was as big as her little finger nail,she had a lumpectomy and radiotherapy for the first two diagnosis with clear lymph nodes, she died at the age of 83 from a stroke 28 years from first having breast cancer. Now I know more I will have my questions ready when I go back.

Thanks again

Lizzie xx

1 Like