FAMOUS QUOTES

Hi everyone, just thinking that famous quotes might be a bit different

EVERY PHOTOGRAPH IS SURREAL by Salvador Dali

and that just about sums up my life since getting diagnosed with bc, very surreal, so come on gals and boys, give us your quotes

Alison xxxxxx

It is requisite for the relaxation of the mind that we make use, from time to time, of playful deeds and jokes. – St. Thomas Aquinas

I believe that all government is evil, and that trying to improve it is largely a waste of time.

H. L. Mencken

Apologies to all taking this seriously …I can recall being very tickled by this in my (long gone) youth:

To be is to do - Socrates
To do is to be - Jean-Paul Sartre
Do be do be do - Frank Sinatra

Irish Coffee is the perfect breakfast because it contains all four adult food groups: fat, sugar, caffeine and alcohol.

I blame my mother for my poor sex life. All she told me was ‘the man goes on top and the woman underneath.’ For three years my husband and I slept in bunk beds.

A woman drove me to drink and I didn’t even have the decency to thank her (W C Fields) I love this one!!

they are brill Roz

masochist “hit me” sadist “no” anonymous

“The green eyed monster of jealousy doth mock the meat it feeds upon” spoken by Iago in Shakespeare’s Othello, my fav.

Thanks Alison…

Cellulite is not an imperfection, those dimples are saying “I am sexy” in braille! ha ha

The best advice I ever came across on the subject of concentration is:
Wherever you are, be there.

You will never stand taller than when you kneel to help a child.

There are better things in life than alcohol, but alcohol makes up for not having them. (ha ha)

one by Julius Ceaser,
“i came, i saw, i conquered”

or should it read

“i saw, i conquered, i came”

never can remember which way round!!!

i saw, i conquered, i came ha ha ha…

Loved it…oh you are naughty…but I like you!!

I am so clever that sometimes I don’t understand a single word of what I am saying

I take my wife everywhere, but she keeps finding her way back

An archeologist is the best husband any woman can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her

I’ve often wanted to drown my troubles, but I can’t get my wife to go swimming.