Fasting is it beneficial?

I have read in a magazine that fasting more than 13 hours until breakfast can reduce breast cancer returning up to 36 per cent. Is this correct? Seems to go against having a healthy breakfast in the morning as this could be past 10 o’clock and getting on for lunch.

Studies do show that fasting can be beneficial. For me I try to fast for around 14 hours.

How often do you fast for 14 hours?

I try to every day. My last meal is usually done by 8:30 and I don’t eat until about 10:30 the next morning.

Did you hear this through your Doctors? Have you been cancer free for some time? I just didn’t hear this from anybody else just read by chance.

I told my oncologist about what I did and she approved since she said the studies on it were quite interesting. But I found out about it through reading and just thought what the heck, might as well.

One other question. Do you just drink black tea/coffee adding no milk in the fasting period ? Thank you so much for your response on this.

You can but I don’t for the most part. Just water.

Seems pretty unlikely but I eat about 7 pm and have breakfast about 10am anyway. Not really fasting just habit !

1 Like

That’s what I do. It counts though.