Fasting.

Hi Ladies. 

I have not been on here for a while, but do far I have been okay. 

Currently on Ribociclib and Letrozole, with monthly Zometa.

Just want to ask if any of you have fasted before Chemotherapy treatments or kept a couple of days on a restricted diet. 

I only fast at night time, I don’t eat after 7:30pm, only clear tea and water until 7:00 the following morning. Then I do eat well and have cut nothing from my diet, except processed meats and crap.

I feel that if my body wants to rest then that that is what it should do. 

What are your thoughts?.

Have a good evening.

Gina x

Hi Gina G

This is a very interesting approach. I imagine that others have thoughts on this as well and will hopefully be along soon to share them.

Best wishes
Anna
Digital Community Officer

Hello,

I fasted before every chemo and my side effects were a lot less than the women on my chemo thread or in my unit. I followed the work of Valter Longo and I did get tired but I had no stomach problems, no sickness, no thrush, I never had a high temperature. All in all I did pretty well and these days I eat once a day and put in a 3 day water only fast about every 2 or 3 months. I do it to keep my blood chemistry in check.

This is a link to the fasting thread on here: forum.breastcancercare.org.uk/t5/Chemotherapy/Anyone-else-fasting-while-on-chemo/m-p/1282078#M136678

All in all in is quite easy when you get used to it. Read/watch Valter Longo.