Fat Necrosis after DIEP

Have developed fat necrosis in a breast following DIEP 2 months ago.Has anyone else had this,and what was the outcome?Understand it can dissolve,but over what time scale,and if does remain in,is it harmful?

Hi jillybee559

Whilst you wait for the other users to reply with their experiences do give the BCC helpline a call on 0808 800 6000.  Here you can talk through your cocnerns and share your thoughts with a member of staff who will offer you a listening ear as well as emotional support and practical information.  Lines are open today 10 to 2pm and weekdays 9 to 5pm.

Best wishes Sam, BCC Faciltiator 

Hi jillybee,

i also developed fat necrisis after mx and L/D flap it was a very hard lump close to clevarage i massaged every day with bio oil  twice a day and the lump eventually went  down .i have a little now though after lipofill but not to bad .i have lost most of the lipofill they put in absorbed by body . isent it remarkable when you want to keep body fat its absorbed but will happily sit round your middle for years .will have to have another fill but surgeon did say i would most likely have to have it done more than once. onwards and upwards. take care linda