Fec

Hi everyone hope you are all ok. I haven’t been on for a while. I had my first FEC two weeks ago today. I wasn’t too clever for the first few days but it wasn’t as bad as I thought. I had the sicky feeling for the first 4 or 5 days. The steroids and anti sickness tablets gave me terrible stomach cramps for the 3 days that I took them, gonna speak to the nurse about it next week, but other than that I’ve been fine. My hair is coming out now though, as I decided not to have the cold cap. ( I think its a great idea to let the kids face paint your head).

I have been told I can’t have Tamoxifen as I have a blood clotting disorder, so its either ovary removal or injections once a month. I suppose the ovary removal would be the best thing but haven’t discussed it with the oncologist properly yet.

I have been searching and searching for headwear as I don’t really fancy wearing a wig. I haven’t been able to find anything I like in this country so I decided to do something positive and start up my own business. I’m making bandanas, doorags and scarves. www.bandanasrus.co.uk It may not take off but if it does then it’ll be great. It will give me something to focus on and keep my spirits up, which sometimes I find hard to do.

I have a forum and guest book on there if anyone want to come and say hello, or give me some suggestions or ideas.

Well I’m off now but I will try and come in a bit more often as I have found the support is great on here.

Paula x