Feeling I'm not being listened to

I feel like I am massively missing something. I am currently on tamoxifen, abemaciclib, goserelin injections and zoledronic-acid and the calcium tablets. Before Christmas I had the odd ache on my right side below my ribs, I mentioned this to the nurse who said to keep an eye on it. My bloods were fine and liver function was good. The pain is not there all the time and is often just there on some mornings. Just a couple of weeks ago I had a massive sharp pain on my left side, similar position. Again have mentioned to the nurse, again just told to monitor. Bearing in mind my initial armpit pain before diagnosis disappeared before any lump was found, I really do feel like some sort of scan should be done. Also she said my mammogram was all clear, so they are happy there’s nothing there. I don’t understand, my mammogram only does my breasts - how does this help with elsewhere? Am I missing something? She reassured me everything was fine and I didn’t ask her these questions, I know I should have but she was very reassuring. Also I have had some tooth pain this last week and when I asked about if the dentist wanted to do any treatment- filling or extraction, she just mentioned coming off the abemaciclib a bit before but didn’t mention the zoledronic-acid. I thought if something was going on it would be to do with the zoledronic-acid and not the abemaciclib? I don’t really understand the zoledronic-acid as I’m only having it every 6 months. Do they not need to do a bone scan to check that hasn’t affected my bones/jaw? The nurse obviously wasn’t worried about me having work done and me being on the zoledronic-acid but this was my main worry. I also don’t want to come off any of the meds for any amount of time. Sorry for the ramble, lots of things going round in my head. I am a bit confused! :confused:

1 Like

Hi Sprout78,
I’m also on the same medication as yourself apart from I’m on Letrozole and not Tamoxifen. I have also had rib pain. I had a right lumpectomy and node clearance, so I was expecting some discomfort on that side but have had discomfort and a ache on the left side and have a tender area on one spot, so I have been to see my Gp this week. She has said she will email my oncologist as to what further investigation she should order, as they are a few (bone scan, ct scan, pet scan) he could request. I also have general aches in my legs and hips. I’m hoping everything is down to the medication and that my oncologist replies to my Gp’s email. I no longer see the oncologist. I have been seeing an oncologist pharmacist who checks my bloods and prescribes my Abemaciclib. Apparently, like yourself my bloods are ok. I would go via your Gp as they can order investigations. I hope you obtain a satisfactory response to your concerns.

1 Like

Thankyou, yes I will go to my gp. I wish I had gone to them first but thought telling the nurse in my phone appointments would be the right way to go. I feel a little bit like I’m going behind their back now but as they’re not really doing anything, I guess it’s the way to go. Thankyou for your reply. I hope you get some answers too.

1 Like