Feeling so rough

Feeling so rough

Feeling so rough Hi all

When I was having chemo I got really ill with NS on two occasion, I had infection after infection and endless sore mouths and throats. I finished chemo in November last year and thought by now I would have recovered from all that.

I’ve had a cold (nothing unusual there I know), had a sore throat which has cleared up. Since Sunday though I have had the worst mouth ever, a lot worse than when I was having chemo. I have all these lumps come up on the roof of my mouth, they are very sore and have now extended down to the back of my teeth, I have earache and am feeling really down.

The cold has all but gone yet my mouth is so sore, I’ve taken Paracetamol, Ibuprofen, Codeine and used my chemo mouthwash and it’s still so sore, I can hardly take fluids now… Off to drs tonight, they couldn’t see me before! To be honest I don’t know why I’m posting this, except I’m feeling very sorry for myself!

Anyone got any other ideas to try and stop the pain until I see my GP?

Lynn x

Sore mouth Hi Lynn,
Sorry to hear you are feeling so rough and I don’t know if I can help.
After my 8 hour mast and recon I got a terrible sore throat and mouth and the nurse gave my dissolvable paracetamol to gargle with.
It did help but not at the first go.
Hope you get something effective from your GP.
Michelle.

Dear Lynn I am sorry to read that you are feeling this way at the moment and would suggest that you contact our freephone confidential helpline on 0808 800 6000 which is open Monday to Friday 9am-5pm and Saturday 9am-2pm for support and further advice.

Kind regards
Forum Host
Breast Cancer Care

Thank you Dear Michelle & Moderator

Thank you so much for your kind words and advice yesterday.

I saw my GP last night and it appears that I may have an abscess coming up in the roof of my mouth, unfortunately it has spread by way of ulcers from one side of the gum across the roof to the other gum the other side. It’s not a quinsy as my tonsils were removed as a child, although if it does not improve or worsens by tomorrow my GP says I have to get back to him, ?hospital - which I have already refused as I have been in too many times in the last year!

I am back on Difflam mouthwash, antibiotics and stronger pain killers as well as Ibuprofen. The pain killers work up to a point although it’s getting unbearable by the time 4 hours is up!

Never mind I’m sure it will go now I’m on the ABX’s.

Once again thank you for letting me vent my frustration from the pain, yesterday.

Lynn x