Fertility after treatment

Hi,

Are there any success stories of women who have had a successful (natural) pregnancy after cancer treatment? I am coming up two years post chemo. I am very lucky to have one child already but would love another, I am 35. I decided against fertility preservation due to the aggressive nature of my tumour and needing chemo BEFORE surgery plus injecting myself with more hormones didn’t feel right at the time.

Thanks x

Hi @Pink1 ,

We’re sorry that you haven’t had a reply yet. You may find our Someone Like Me service useful where we can put you in touch with a volunteer who’s had a similar experience as yourself.

Please know that you can always call our free Helpline if you have any questions around this. Our nurses are just at the end of the phone on 0808 800 6000. It’s open 9am-4m weekdays and 9am-1pm Saturdays.

Best wishes,
Laura at Breast Cancer Care

Hi. I haven’t had a successful pregnancy (or even an unsuccessful one) since treatment. I am struggling with the fact that I have 2 beautiful boys from a previous relationship and that my husband doesn’t have any children of his own so that means we can’t get any fertility help on our area. I am 4 years post active treatment, and just turned 39. We have been trying constantly for the last 2 years now. Had blood tests which all came back fine. My husband had a sperm analysis that came back fine. Going to go back and see the doctor to see if they can do any more investigations with me to find out my egg quality. I really want a baby and I see the disappointment on my husband’s face each month I come on despite him trying to hide it. I feel like it is the cancer that has taken that chance away from us and that I am broken and a failure for not being able to do this. Makes me wonder if I should cut him loose so he can go and find someone who can give him a baby instead if putting him through all this.

I love him to bits but I can see how badly he wants a baby of his own. Feel so sad.