Finally a bit of good news

Called back after a routine mammogram in November, probably a cyst , maybe not…. Biopsy taken and then told its cancer, ok I can cope with it ( just ) then told another area of concern ( can’t cope wit that ) two more biopsy’s , lots of waiting ( horrendous) and then offered a double lumpectomy ( preferred by surgeon ) or a mastectomy …. Surgery to remove two small tumours on the 6th February. Recovered well and post surgery meeting with consultant today . No sleep last night , felt every ache was the cancer in another area….A bit of good news, 2 tumours removed with clear margins , 4 lymph nodes removed and all clear with no sign of cancer . Next step radiotherapy which I am fine with - then hormone therapy for a 67 year old - that is another story but so glad to be where I am now and a huge thank you to all you lovely people who have helped me get this far - wishing everyone the best wherever you may be in this…

32 Likes

Hello @llanwinno123

Thank you for sharing your experiences with the forum, I’m sure lots of users will appreciate and share your delight at feeling more positive after such a testing and worrying time.

Sending you lots of love and hugs: onwards and upwards as my grandmother used to say :smiling_face:

AM xxx

1 Like

Great news! So pleased for you. Good luck with your radio and hormone therapy. There’s an end in sight… xx

1 Like

Hi, I am 64 and have been on Anastrazole for 18 months. For the first few months I got stiff hips before I started moving about in the morning. That went, then similar thing with my Achilles. For the last year the only real side effect is that I get a bit more tired, usually in the evening. Hope you don’t get many either.

1 Like

Oh that is good😊 news . I’m really happy for you xxx

1 Like

Congratulations for the great news! :tada::smiley:

1 Like

Dear llanwinno123,

Well done to you, my brave lady lots of luck with health and happiness going forward.

Biggest hugs Tili :pray::rainbow::pray::rainbow:

1 Like

Really pleased to hear your positive news. Very similar to mine, i am 64 with , got my diagnosis in November also, and had my lump removed in January , also with with clear margins. Started medication a month ago. Oncologist meeting tomorrow and results of bone scan, and also waiting radiotherapy, Such a great site only joined today.

1 Like

Amazing news. So happy for you xx

Great news @llanwinno123! :sunny:

Great news xxx