fluid after a mastectomy

I was diagnosed with breast cancer in November last year. In January I underwent a right mastectomy, left lumpectomy and 11 lymph nodes removed. My scar is good, well as scars can be but i have constantly and still am suffering with seromas. I have had 6 drainings and one ultrasound guided drainage as it had gone into pockets. 

Frustratingly, i am still struggling with fluid build up and still haven’t got s proper prosthetic.

How long will this go on for? what can i do to try and stop it?

What do your breast care team say about it ? 
I had my seroma drained twice, was about to get it done a third time when it miraculously disappeared overnight ! Mine was under my arm around sentinel node scar , they are so uncomfortable . My breast care nurse said they expect  them to refill again after draining and sometimes it makes this more likely !
Hopefully if left a little bit longer in between drainings yours will be  absorbed - fingers crossed x 

Sorry to hear you’re still having problems after your mastectomy.

I too had a mastectomy last October and I’m still having problems with a hematoma. I started off with lots of fluid around six weeks after the op and had a very large seroma, i had it drained numerous times until they refused to do it again as they were worried about infection. It them turned into a hematoma which cannot be aspirated due to it being rock hard. I have so much aching around the area that I was sent for bone scans to check there was nothing underlying causing the pain and luckily there isn’t but although it’s now eventually going down slowly I am weary of it. I’ve seen the surgeon this week who has said that sometimes it just happens to some women unfortunately.