Full time work

Had cancer in both breasts 2018 lumpectomy and radiotherapy sentinel lymph node removed. Found cancer in nodes all removed. Tamoxifen. 2019 returned in right breast masectomy and letrozole and zolodex. 2021 ovaries removed as precaution. Returned to work full time couldnt cope so part time. 4 years later still awful fatigue and joint pain and neuropathy across chest unbearable. My pension will improve if i go back full time. Not sure what to do.

1 Like

Hello Nic

So sorry to read what a hard time you are having. Please look after yourself. We work to live, not live to work all the money in the world can’t buy your health I know it’s a great help.

You are working part time at the moment, I feel full time maybe a bit to much to cope with, was wondering if your HR department would consider a few extra hours a week to help you out financially.

I do wish you well going forward, take good care

Hugs Tili :rainbow::pray::rainbow::pray:

1 Like

Hi Nic
Sorry you’re having such a tuff time.
I found myself in a similar position. Im 61 and found it too painful to work full or part time.
I was able to retire from work on ill health grounds, so my work pension was inhanced.
Ive also just been awarded PIP.
Be honest with your HR and see if they can help, and have a look at applying for PIP, CAB are a great help.
You need to look after yourself only you know truly how you feel. Take care Jean x

1 Like

Thank you. Youre right have come to conclusion that im doing best i can and it will have to do. Sending you love and best wishes.

1 Like

Hi,

Sorry to hear you are suffering with pain/fatigue.

BCN should be able to put you in touch with a McMillan benefits advisor who could help you make a claim.

2 Likes