Getting to the hospital

I am a bit concerned about how to get to the hospital on Monday for my checkup, as not one of my friends is available.  I heard somewhere that there are cancer support groups who do transport, but have no idea where to find that information now.  I don’t really want to take a taxi as I don’t think I could cope with that.  Does anyone have any ideas?

Hello Pecan, I’m not really sure about this, but you could phone your hospital and ask them.  Many hospitals can provide transport, or they will have knowledge of the various charities that could be involved. I’m sure others will be along to give more precise (and accurate!) info.  Might also be worth phoning Macmillan. Hope you do find some help. Wishing you all the best. :cathappy:xxx

Hi pecan

I’ve got the same problem next week. I’m going to try the bus! Xx

pecan

I think that MacMillan do a service so you could contact your nearest one to see if they can help, or any local cancer charities as they usually have volunteer drivers.  Alternatively you should be able to book patient transport to collect and take you back again. I have just googled and there is something called the Royal Voluntary Service who have drivers, you can put your postcode in and it will show you how they can help.

Helena

Pecan, the hospital will provide patient transport, but it does mean being picked up and dropped off at their convenience, not yours. Many areas have charitable transport, where volunteer drivers use their own cars to get patients to hospital. I wonder if your hospital could put you in touch? Macmillan could point you in the right direction I think. I would also contact my community services to see if they had any information. These are attached to your GP surgery. Good luck. I would take you if I could but no where near you! X