Gobby Gang Cont

Hi
The 13th is the best date for me as well so look forward to seeing you all then. Not sure I can find anything as lovely as the Reading venue for eats and drinks that is within walking distance of station so I suppose it depends if anybody drives down and then we will have a better choice of venues!!
I had to stop the capecetabine after 11 days as I developed really bad feet - it felt as if they were really badly sunburnt. I expect I will get a reduced dose next time but at least my chest doesn’t rattle anymore!! I will try to see chief honcho and push the tykerb issue and I’m seeing the gp this afternoon about 2nd opinion as I don’t feel ready to give up the fight yet.
Still trying to chase the date for my Ct - Ct were a bit overrun so I expect they don’t see me as urgent as I do!! Why can’t they see that I am as equally as important as Moira!!! ( and the rest of you but none of you require CTs)
Moira - I’ve had a similar conversation with the pension lady - they find it hard to comprehend that you can’t say I will be dead on this date!!
Tracy - hope all went well today and that you don’t have to wait to long for the result.
Having a girls night in with curry tonight if I can keep awake.
Kate

Kate - sore feet Hi Kate

Just a quick one - otherwise will never be at hospital on time - I have lots of home remedies for the hand/foot syndrome with xeloda. I would encourage you to give them a go - as I don’t like having to give up a treatment option because of side effects.

Anyway - the women on my US support group swear by a vets cream for cow udder ulcers called Bag Balm - not had much luck getting it here in Chelts. but one of the guys from work is a vet and she gave me some other cow udder cream and it worked a treat. Rub it on constantly - when you go to bed put socks on.

If you can’t get the vet cream - use vaseline cream - it works for me.

And - take vitamin B…some women recommend Lipoic acid and glutamine tabs as well - which I take.

Glad we can do the 13th.

got to run - they hate me att hat hospital.

love
Moira
xxx

Trace, so pleased to read your last text, you have been through it the last couple of days, get well and truly bull****d tonight and you never know I might even have a glass too.

If the 13th is good for everyone then I will look into booking train ticket now, as price was only £21 return and takes under 2 hours which I was quite impressed with, Claire I think it comes through reading, we could meet on the train if you are not driving,I can wave a scarf out of my window to you.

Kate I had sore feet on Taxotere, I like Moira’s little remedie stories, wonder why I never thought of cow’s udder cream.

Must dash myself, son is playing football and I said I would go and watch last half an hour.

Love

Debs

ps why when trying to send Trace a text yesterday, does the stupid phone think I was trying to type DUCK. took me ages to correct spellings.

Thank you all IThank you all so much for ur little messages the last couple of days, they have meant so much to me. Would have posted and told u all about it but couldnt drag myself out of bed for crying - have finally pulled myself together and have only had a very respectable 1 bottle of wine as a celebration as cant afford to go out! My friend is however taking me out for chocolate cake tomorrow - which i feel is a good substitue…
My sis on the other hand got the short straw and helped build a cupboard yest while waiting for appt and came on an 8 mile walk today while waiting for todays scan - needless to say sore feet now…
Moira the home number of my oncologist (and breast nurse) is a perk of private care, i dont think they ever expected me to call them on easter saturday at 6 in the evening tho in a blind panic and sobbing down the fone in a way that they couldnt even understand who i was - think they thought i was a bogus caller!!!
This is also the reason i got seen so quick and got away with the hissy fit i had today with the awfulness of the radiographer - i mean, where exactlky does he think those scars came from???
In the end my original radiographer from a year ago came to the rescue and didnt even need a biopsy in the end, which is why i got results so quick - and u all no the rest!
On a more serious note i was cr***ing myself and reacted quite badly this time, ull also be glad to no i put in complaint about radiographer altho perhaps not such an impressive one as Kates to PALS.

Anyway catching up on all of ur news,
Kate - Thanks for the phone call today, it helped loads. How did the docs appt go, did u get ur second opinion? Hope u pushed for it.
Oh, love the name poodilicious its fantastic…

Debs - Did like ur trampoline story, it made me giggle. Thanks for the sponsor, think im up to about £400 now, am aiming for £500. Its on sat 19th May so finish sun 20th may prob about 8am.
How did the cooking for 10 go? Dont think i could do it.
Bag packing sounds interesting, think i would enjoy nosing into peoples shopping habits.
My fone prefers the word duck too! Although why i would ever need that in a conversation i dont no!

Claire - How was the surgery, and is the new nipple great???
R we meeting after the walk? How is the training??

Sammy - How r u doin, and how is the shoulder? hand? getting on??

Moira - R u serious??? Cream for cows udders ulcers really???
Im with the others, i didnt realise u were in so much pain either, and am so sorry it must be awful… Have u made any decisions about the taxotere or leaving work and returning home?? Did the pensions place really use the words expirt date??? I cant believe they can be so callous.
Glad u had a fab time away, think u needed it more than i realised and so glad rb wasnt so r for once
How did the CT go???
Im with u on the serial killers fascination, unfortuneately whenever there is one in the news i follow it avidly with fascination and leave my family thinking im a bit sick!!!
Is the return of the ovaries a good thing or is it just yet another thing u have to put up with once a month??

Lynnie - Didnt mean to leave u to last but trying to remember all everyone has said - and its not easy!
So sorry about ur cousin, thats so tough especially at the same time as such fantastic news about ur gramps. All i keep trying to type sounds like just another platitude so gonna give up trying.
Glad Barcelona was ace and new gf sounds great, i too am a sucker for uniforms but i like the pilot kind - well i can dream cant i!!!
If ur boss is trying to out cancer you - do u think she may become more caring??? or is that too much to ask???
Bit busy for next few weeks (as always) but i promise u a night out to remember soon!!!

Really sorry girlies but cant make 13th as have a wedding reception to go to. Am gutted would have loved to travel down to Southampton with u all. Kate will have to sort something out to come and c u seperately. If ur arranging more meets while there count me in and even if im working i will cancel, am free after 2 june!

Gonna love ya and leave ya as have gabbled on for long enough and have written a post to rival even Moiras best…
Love to u all, take care and will be online again soon…x

I am going to have to type faster to keep up with everyone…

Lyne so sorry to hear about your cousin and like debs no words adequate to the situation. xxxxxxxxxxx
Hope the new g is a gg not a rg

Kate hope you can find some answers to the tykerb dilema, let us know and we will start fund raising for you. Cant think of a more worthwhile cause.

I am completley knackered, H has been waking up in the night and its a bit of a stand off situation. Got 4 hours sleep last night. And not for a good reason either- its sad but my terminally ill friend much busier in that department than I am :wink: you know who you are

Will be donating £10 to both fundraisers- Trace thank god everything is ok- menopause symptoms cause of the xeloda, is that right?

Now than Moira when are yoyr next results? when do you start the tax? I hope you are doing a bit of forward planning for yourself

Right of to eat choc and drink too much wine :wink:

xxsam

sorry trace I meant the hormonal treatment you are on not xeloda, thats a chemo isnt it, duh, x

feeling knackered Evening ladies

Just a quickie - cos like my buddy Sammy I am knackered - sadly not due to babies or nocturnal activities. And just to make you feel better Sammy - you’ll be pleased to know since our last conversation that my average has slipped somewhat…but it still might be higher than yours (LOL). I read your comments and wandered who you were talking about – then remembered our conversation in the Peckham pub¦

Trace - absolutely fab news re your scans…I think I emailed that today - but I can’t remember as I’ve just worked 12 hours straight and I’m not sure what I’ve done today - hence just finishing my cuppa then home.

Not sure how much longer I can do this working caper on top of death.

I’ll try and answer everyone’s questions - I had no idea I was in so much pain either until I tried to ease myself off my heavy duty painkillers.

Ct scan yesterday was fine - but that contrast drink is absolutely foul - is it just me or does everyone else have a huge dose of diarrohea that night - I’m convinced its that drink as it happened last time - thankfully made it to toilet this time (I think its late enough at night to discuss bodily funtions)

They found a vein - but it was so precarious they had to come in and manually inject the contrast dye - I don’t know about you but on top of that “wetting your pants” sensation, the moment that dye goes in I just feel like vomiting - happened again yesterday but over a greater period as it was taking her a long time to inject it. I truly thought I was going to vomit - but thankfully got into my breathing and got it under control.

Results next tuesday - but just know its not good - the pain, shortnes of breathe and the reaction of the radiographers = imminent death. I’m certain. They were all mega friendly after the scan (ie after they’d seen the results) - calling me “sweety” and asked when I was seeing God (aka Dr Owen) next. I inquired as to whether results would be available when I see him tuesday - she said yes and apparently he can access the scan as its now put on the computer in my records and so he could even show me. When I commented that I didn’t think I’d like to see it - she said “no best not”…

So not auguring well at all.

Saw today that my insurance cheque has finally cleared - so the world is my oyster so to speak. I will make huge decision re travel/going home after tuesday. But if it’s bad - I’m not starting taxotere here and will probably resign immediately - do shortish trip around Europe – then head home within the month.

It’ so stressful this whole waiting for results – I’m not sleeping well – have a million things at work to do – and owe a million people emails.

On top of that spending time with RBs nephew on Monday just reinforced how sad I am I’ll never have children.

And if scans are bad – I’m seriously now starting to doubt I’ll even make my 40th birthday party in September.

Gee starting to sound all bitter and twisted (and not inspirational at all) – I’m sure it’s the hormones talking – I think I preferred it when my ovaries were dead. Not only do I have excrutiating period pain – but for some reason it flares up my back pain from the bone cancer¦

Anyway I’m off to try and read more about serial killers – Trace I agree it’s a hard fascination/interest to disclose to anyone, as you sound like a nutter or PSK (that’s potential serial killer – just made that one up)…

Might not be online until next week – tomorrow I have to review a 100 page health and safety policy – the trick will be to read and analyse and offer my expert legal opinion without falling asleep¦

Have a good weekend all.

Lots of love
Moira
xxx

PS yes cow udder ulcer cream - I mean who thinks to try these things? When I told God about the home remedy he had a good laugh as well.

Thank you ladies for your e.mails, glad to know I wasn’t being over sensitive, I was already thinking some of the comments but Kate you are a Fab source for gossip.

Claire I have just checked out train times again and e.mailed you exact info, as soon as you reply I will book my end.

Moira have just read your post, if this was my phone then my message would be DUCK DUCK DUCK, I am so sorry and can’t believe the comments that were made to you, patronising b*****ds. Next time you go, make sure you wave your worst serial killer book around and talk non stop about how you fantasise, that might make them have some horrible bodily functions. Hope the appt with God goes better then expected and never worry re bitter and twisted, you have every bloody right to it.

Kate are your feet getting better? hope the next dose is not so bad. We will all be on your patch soon and dont worry re location, we can get taxi’s.

Sammy hope your back is better and I need updating on sleepless H situation, are you and Moira in secret bed notching competition.

Trace are you suffering too much wine and chocolate cake or did you manage a goods night sleep.

Lynn hope all is well,

Looking forward to seeing you all again, Trace any chance you can make the 13th.

Debs
xxxxxxxxx

Have been trying to clever again, due to not being able to scan the pictures I have taken photos on my phone (yes that bit is easy) but have linked phone to computer and now going through manual to try and transfer to computer to e.mail. (and I have worked in the mobile phone for 13 years!?!?!?!?!?) SADDDDOOOOO

A quickie for Moira (ha ha)

Hang in there Honey
No surprise that having cancer and not having kids is sh*t
You are still inspirational even when you think you are not

Love you lots

xxsam

Moira, oh honey, Im with Debs DUCK DUCK DUCK. Just cant believe it and makes me feel terrible for feeling glad im ok. Had these people ever seen one of ur scans before or were they a whole different bunch, i mean if they dont no u it may be that it isnt any worse but they just hadnt seen scan before (not sure if that makes sense).
Cant believe they were so callous and again with Debs re talk of serial killers!!
Be sure to let us no as soon as you feel up to it what the results are.
Think keeping any decisions until after tues is a good idea but WHY ARE YOU STILL DOING 12 HR SHIFTS? and WHY are you still working so hard. No matter what the result and decision about home i think u should resign immediately anyway and take that trip. U dont ever want to regret not taking it. U owe them nothing, so take ur money and run…

Debs - am gutted but really cant make 13th. Is best friends wedding reception (two weeks after wedding odd i no but true). Wedding in north wales next week so there for 10 days at small family thing then reception at house of commons that weekend and as bridesmaid there is no way i can bail out.

Sammy - hows the stand off going???

Kate - hows the feet???

Lyn and claire hope u r well

Gotta go xxx

Hi All

Hopefully you have got my e.mail with attached photos.

Has the weather been good for you to, I have had 2 really good sunbathing sessions in my garden, my kids were thrown out onto the streets to play and warned to leave me alone for an hour and not to invite all their friends in while I was in my bikini. and talking of bikini’s I really do need loose that 10lb, Trace I should move to London and join you in your moonwalk training. Starting yet another diet tomorrow (I am so useless) but hopefully now the better weather is here then it will give more incentive, I think it is more excercise than diet, so have also been out for a couple of bike rides with the kids, although they are finding it very uncool as want to be with their mates all the time.

Anyway the little darlings are back to school tomorrow and I am going to try and get in 2 gym classes next week and do more walking.

Moira, will be thinking of you on Tueaday and totally agree with Trace’s comments on your work situation, it really is time to put yourself first.

Claire I have booked my train tickets, we are travelling on the same trains, I did mine online so don’t know seat numbers until tickets arrive, but there is usually a unresevered coach, we’ll manage to get within chat distance.

Must dash, have to get the kids back into school night routine,

Love
Debs
xxxx

As Sam emailed me yesterday cos I’d been unusually quiet and looking back on this thread, I can see I’ve been less gobby or writing my usual long posts so thought i’d better update you!!
Umm - well my feet got better in 48 hours of taking Vit B and have now bought alpha lipoeic acid on recommendation from someone on the other site who I met up with. Hope this will work!!! Never been keen on the idea of walking on hot coals and after Easter Monday I def don’t want to do it!!
I’ve got my CT scan on Wed - I don’t mind the drink if it is in lemon but not blackcurrant. Hope they can find my vein quicker than last time and then I also need blood tests that day so don’t know what to do first. My onc appointment is on Thursday so the results won’t be ready but then it is a bit inmaterial as my Xray showed the worst bit I hope.
I had a very tearful day on Saturday as I waited 30 mins after my appt with John Lewis to get shoes for daughter and then they had none in her size. However, after I burst into tears the assistant did then manage to find a pair of sandals - I think they were holding onto that pair as they were on display but hadn’t been tried on. I then got accosted by Venture who I was going to contact anyway and that made me burst into tears as they were asking why i wnated them doing. Hubby and sister-in-law have both worked for them doing the photoshop touching up bits but won’t get discount as hubby freelanced and sister -in-law hardly got any discount even when she worked there!! am going to apply to a charity for this but not sure whether they’ll consider me young enough. I wish they would look at the age of the parent as well as the applicant…
Saturday afternoon was the big swap of morris minors so now have a sort of wreck but excellent welding on the body work mm on the drive. The man also came to collect mm seats on saturday and hubby working!! Yetserday, we went to a country park to hubby’s friend’s childrens birthday picnic -we were the only none family there but it was fun and I got the chance to wield a cricket bat and bowl. I stumped hubby out on second bowl and eldset son on 4th bowl so they weren’t keen on me continuing anyway as I also got lots of runs - well I walked but still got 20 before getting bowled out.
Then late afternoon we came home and I had to have a slug of morphine after overdoing it and then slept thru 2 phone calls!!
Now off to phone Venture - I might take the children out of school if I have to.
looking forward to seeing you on 13th
Katex
PS - moira - have you handed in your notice yet?

quickie Moira - good luck tomo hon will be thinking of u and prayin. Have u told work to get lost yet???
Kate - keep on at them with the photos and hopefully theyll give in. Good luck for the scan, keep us posted with results. MM stuff sounds interesting u must have the patience of a saint. Glad ur feet r better.
Right thats me off to work
Love u both loads good luck Trace.x

Kate, Good luck tomorrow with scan, loved the cricket story and glad to hear your feet are getting better. As for the MM story was the excellent body on the car or the man? and as for Venture, they knew my history and didn’t offer any discount, but I have heard of a charity who will fund these sort of things on this forum so I will do some hunting after this thread for you.

Moira have been thinking of you today and you Lynn.

Hello to all you others, Claire I have my train tickets through and we are in the same coaches, we’ll manage to get seats together, especially if we talk as we normally do.

Love to you all

Debs
XXXXXX

Kate

went a hunting as promised and did find the info, however they say upto the age of 40. Have e.mailed them to ask if they would ever consider extending slightly (as you are not a dinosaur, yet!!!) as soon as I get a reply will let you know, it’s always worth a try.

Going to bed now

Nighty night

Debs
xxxxxxxxx

Hello Lovely Ladies

Kate, hope appt. go ok, and How did Moira do? Do you think if we all keep asking her wether she has handed her notice in she’ll do it? I know its a huge deal hun but you’ve got to give yourself a chance to spend all that lovely lolly…

On to my piddling problems… back is better as long as I dont work too much… oh well!! and arm better but still sore… I think my body is trying to tell me something, as I 've managed to sprain my ankle (thro not badly) It is starting to feel Like i’m missing something.

I want to know how the new nipple is doing! How are you Claire?

Cant wait to catch up properly.

xxsam

hi
Debsy - thanks for that. I think I know the charity you mean and I asked a question about it on hot topics about september time. If employers are not allowed to be ageist I don’t see why charities are exempt!! I’ll give the one the hospice nurse gave me a try and the other hospice nurse I saw today is going to try somewhere else for me as well. I’ll let you know how i get on. Both hubby and sister-in-law did work for Venture so we know what they are like etc!!
Sam - sorry you seem to be having so much trouble with your joints at present and hope it improves.
lyn - not sure how things are going for you and your family but do think about you a lot.
Trace - how’s things going now then?
moira - I expect you are still in onclology as it is only 7pm and you never seem to leave much before 8pm
Claire - how’s this new nipple - I’m intrigued
I had my CT scan today - I met 2 other ladies there today who all have appts tomorrow and we all want to see the same consultant and they seemed to think I might get some prelim results tomorrow. They both have 9am appts and I have 9.15. hope the oncs turn up on time!! I went to sleep at 4.30pm and poor daughter really struggled to wake me up to cook tea before cubs!! hubby working at Blue Water, Dartford today- don’t ask - he will be back tomorrow and I’m not keen on being in the house on my own with 3 children at present because once I’m asleep I struggle to wake up so hope they don’t have bad dreeams/wet beds etc.
Willlet you know any news tomorrow.
Kate

Kate - hope u get ur results, its so s**t havin to wait, not sure why they think its ok to keep us waiting, im sure if it was their families they wouldnt want to wait.

Lynnie - how u doin hon?? How r things.

Sammy - have u tried omega 3,6 and 9 oils or glucosamine they help with joints

Debs - dont want to leave u out so hi

Moira - any news??? dont go quiet on us

Claire - i want to no too, hows the nipple???

and me - i got some rubbish news today altho thankfully not to do with me for a change but still cancer related. A girl i trained with developed hodgkins shortly after we qualified (4 yrs ago) and found out today she died last thurs at 24. How is life so f****ng unfair??? Am gutted.
Am gonna be offline for a while now as got hen do in marco pierre whites restaurant sat - L’escargot, then seeing graham off for the marathon sun and waiting for him to finish! Then off to north wales for a week before my friends wedding the following sat! Apparantly the wedding breakfast is a surfing lesson!!! Only one of my friends could do that!!!

Gonna sign off love ya all and dont gossip too much without me as wont ever be able to catch up!!! x

Hi All

Kate, I got an e.mail in response to my age enquiry with the Willow Foundation, they do have to adhere to strict age guidelines, but good news they have given details of another foundation that do the exact same but for 40 and over.

Honeyrose Foundation
18 Hall Street
St Helen’s
WA10 1DL

Tel: 01744 451919

www.honeyrosefoundation.co.uk

Hope this helps you get that family portrait.

Moira thinking of you and the rest of the Gobby Gang.

Love Debs
xxxxxxxx

Hi Debs
Yes -it is the HoneyRose I’m in the process of applying to. It is very hard as they give you lots of space to write to support your application. I’m really stuck what to write there as I can say I’m terminally ill and my health problems and that I want a memorable day to have the photos done and that’s about it. The form gives you almost a whole A4 side to write!!! Must get it done tonight so that I can get the onc to sign it tomorrow.
I do hate the waiting to hear from Moira!!! I hope she’s OK.
Thanks for looking Debs
Kate