Going back to swimming - aqua boob or not?

Happy New Year. Hope 2023 has moments of joy, happiness and awe for one and all, despite the tough times.

I’ve just tried my swimming costume on with and without my aqua boob. My husband said he couldn’t tell much difference. My scar shows in the armpit but I’m not worried about that. Mulling over whether to go asymmetrical or not. Guess I’ll take me aqua boob with me and decide in the changing rooms

What have other folk done?

All good wishes

Annie xx

1 Like

Hi @Anonymous  , 

I purchased an aqua boob for holiday and it worked perfectly; it was really comfortable and looked natural. I was worried about picking the size but used the size printed on the side of my prothesis box. 

Did you buy a mastectomy swimsuit? They are really expensive. I bought a £60 one for holiday but by the time I came home it was see through - not a good look! I had to send it back and get a refund. I was just curious where others got their swimsuit from. I have just signed up for the Great North Swim so I need to get one pretty quick so I can start training (I am a complete novice) !

Good luck,

Nicky

I got a great post surgery swimsuit from M&S- think it was £25. I use boost prosthesis for swimming- I don’t know it’s there & no water logging as water runs through it.

There’s an amazing company that do swimwear for “uniboobers”- those that decide not to use a prosthesis- called enoeco. They have beautiful products.
Or I use “boost” prothesis for swimming- so comfy & no water logging- water runs through it. X