Going for my biopsy tonight

Hi everyone been lurking in the background for few days now.Overnight this massive lump appeared and took the courage to go today to see doctor at hospital. Had mammograms and ultrasound and it really dosnt look good.Going in for biopsy tonight and then have a week of witing and coming to terms with it. The way the doctor was speaking I;m sure the biopsy is just confirmation. He showed me it on screen and it had little tributries coming off it. He said if it came back positive I would need a mascectomy and chemo. Still trying to take it all in. Cant understand how I never felt this before.

We have just moved to Thailand through hubby’s work and now dont know when to tell my two sons if the worst happens. Worried about hubby as well as hes left his friend behind as well although he has good friends at work. Ive had a little weep supposse it will be bigger one when he comes in. Anyway got to keep my chin up and get on with fighting it. No doubt will speak to you all later on.

Hi Soi, I am waiting for my first appointment this Wednesday so not sure what is in store for me yet - This is the first post I have replied to you, but I just felt for you - so wanted to send you support and a hug, and Good Luck for this evening please take care and keep us informed of how you get on.

Sarah x

Hi Soi,

Welcome to the BCC discussion forums where I’m sure you’ll get lots of good support.

I have put for you below the overseas telephone number for BCC’s helpline which is available for you. The helpline is open Monday to Friday 9am -5pm and Sat 9am - 2pm (UK time). The number is:
(+44) 2076 200077, you may not need the helpline yet but should you feel the need to have a chat with someone in confidence later, the staff are here to support you. Good luck with your appointment later.

Take care,
Jo, Facilitator

Hi Sarahb73.

Good luck with your appointment on Wednesday. Everything went as well as expected.Took 4 samples of tissue bit uncomfortable but had to be done. Now the long wait until the 20th for results.
I’m trying not to read to much but that is impossible. Really want to ask as many questons as possible and what the options are. Anyway good luck let us know how you get on.

Hi Soi,
When I was diagnosed with bc, I was also dreading telling my two boys, it is the hardest thing you will ever have to do, but they will need to be kept in ‘the loop’. My eldest was very strong, didn’t really say much and my youngest broke his heart, bless him.
But I told them everything I knew and tried to answer any questions they had.
But they both really keep me going, making me laugh when I’m feeling down.
Thinking of you at this tough time x

Hi crazy cat lady.
Thanks for the reply.
I know telling them is going to be hard.They are 27 and 25 But I feel telling them over the phone is going to be hard. With me in Thailand one back in Scotland and the other in Europe. I am trying to find ways of making it easier for all of us. I think having to tell them that way is going to be hard. Especially when they cant just pop in and see me.

I’m toying with the idea of getting their partners to tell them and will speak to them after that as I know I will get upset telling them that way. Wanting to let them know as soon as possible but will see what happens after the results next week.

Hi Soi

I’m thinking of you as you go through this dreadful wait for the results.

I had this dilemma too from Thailand - I had to tell my daughter in Scotland and son in London. I waited until the diagnosis was confirmed before I said anything, but I do go through a number of scenarios and practised what I wanted to say. My news coincided with a family Wedding so I delayed by a day as I didnt want to spoil the day for everyone. I set it up by text first and then phoned when I knew they were in a place where they could take the call.

As my surgery was imminent we focused on the practical things, how to get info etc. When I woke up from the surgery my (Thai) surgeon was on the phone to my son in Scotland giving him the updates and details - wonderful care!

Both my son and daughter came out to Bangkok after my surgery - they are similar ages to your children.

I’m rabbiting on - sorry if this is all far too much detail!!

I’ve pm’d you - don’t hesitate to contact me.
big hugs
P
x