Good news at last!

@vodielidibet thank you for your reply. I do hope you are doing well now xx

That’s amazing news and a huge relief i should think. I was told it would be 6-8 weeks after my post surgery appointment, so ended up just over 10 weeks from the date of my surgery before i had my radiotherapy.

1 Like

Thank you @jow1 yes, it is a huge relief! I cried when he told me they had managed to get it all! Thank you, 10 weeks does seem to be the time most people are waiting post surgery xx

My op was 21st Dec & radiotherapy started 5th March so 11 weeks / 8 weeks after got all clear from surgeon

1 Like

My radiotherapy starts 15 weeks after surgery. It is low grade so no rush I guess

1 Like

So pleased for you :grin::grin::grin:
I had surgery 2 dec 2020, results 18 dec then oncote type dx test, which takes 3 weeks. Obviously over christmas and new year, which caused delays. All during covid. I went for my ct scan 1 feb started radiotherapy on 10th feb, so not too long. Make sure your put lots of moisturiser on from now, couple times a day dont forget ypur armpit on the side of radio and right up to your neckline. I didn’t realise armpit and ended up with a bit of eczema. Good luck, wishing you well and Congratulations xx

1 Like

Thank you @hiker50 xx

Thank you @primrose1 xx

Thank you @chez74 !! And thank you sooo much for the advice, it is really appreciated :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: xx

You can have someone with you in waiting room but even nurses leave for radiotherapy
I’d like to think they’d let you have someone there whilst being positioned for it if you’re anxious about it
The positioning is the longest part
RT is not a long thing - the actual radiotherapy is quick
I panicked before as had to do the DIBH for mine but actually managed it fine.
Only bad session was when I had put my back out so sent to oncology ward for tests / X-rays but then insisted they just do it to get it over with
That’s the only time it was painful

1 Like

You are very welcome, e45 rich cream with evening primrose i used. I put it on several times a day during treatment, i was fine, and i breezed through, apart from the eczema. It really is nothing to worry about, i was anxious and looked on you tube to know what to expect. Im really so pleased for you xx

1 Like

So thrilled for you.
Fab news.
Onwards and upwards.

I had chemo b4 radio so others will answer. Plus it was 10 years ago. Xx

1 Like

@hiker50 thank you sooo much for all the advice. I will definitely take it all on board xx

@chez74 thank you!! That is good advice about you tube! I hadn’t thought of that! I will get some E45 cream :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: xx

Thank you soooo much @angibobs1 :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts: xx

1 Like

Yes no-one reminded me to do my armpit so don’t forget :blush:

1 Like

Thank you @badger81 I definitely won’t :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: xx

Great news! Thank you for sharing it with us! :rainbow:

1 Like