Grade 3 invasive ductal breast cancer

Hi I have just at 36 been diagnosed with grade 3 invasive ductal breast cancer. It is hormone sensitive, Her2 negative. I have a thickening in my under arm and awaiting an MRI tomorrow. Depending on what that finds then may or may not need another in depth scan and biopsy or start to treatment. I’m honestly terrified. I’m a new mum and just thinking all sorts. Just writing to see if anyone has anything similar or going through the same? X

2 Likes

I’m 43 two small kids same diagnosis but I’m her2 positive. In on Tuesday to see what my treatment plan is following ct xxx I’m so sorry you are here but know we have your back xx

Bless you, Did you have thickening in your under arm? I’ve got an MRI tomorrow need to stop breast feeding.
When were you diagnosed?
Hope all goes well bless you. Sorry you are here but thankyou for the advice x

Hey no I had a large thickening on breast and three nodes involved. Told straight away when had biopsy. That was 27th may. I had my ct last Sunday to see if spread as my thickening was large. Go to oncologist on Tuesday xxx did they tell

You when you would get mri results? Xxxxx

Bless you hope it all goes ok. When do you get results back?
I’ll hopefully get results soon as they can they said. How are you feeling? X

Yes me! Have two little kids and just been diagnosed this week. I’m reeling. Waiting on CT scan so only have half the picture and it’s hell.

No words of wisdom, but it’s good to find others in this position.

I also went to a Maggie’s centre yesterday, which I think will be a big help in the coming months for support and to meet others in the same boat xxx

3 Likes

Tuesday. I’m struggling waiting hoping Tuesday it will

Change x

2 Likes

You are being so productive good for you. I have accidently hit flag when replying and can’t take it off . Hopefully someone sees this note and sees it’s an accident :sob: xxx

@321_cake @wildthingsare @linz1314

So glad you three have found each other. It’s really useful to connect with others who are at a similar stage in the journey to yourself.

You’ve all heard this so much already but the not knowing and waiting for answers is really the worst part and I hope all of you manage to feel a bit more settled once you fully find out what you’re dealing with and how. x

1 Like

Don’t worry @linz1314, I’ve been accidentally flagged before and it was fine. :rofl:

1 Like

The waiting is horrendous isn’t it. The GP has prescribed me some sleeping pills to get through this period which has helped. It feels like I’m waiting to be told whether I’ll live or die

1 Like

Thankyou all for your replies. I hope everything comes back ok for you both x

I just wanted to say I was diagnosed with IDC end of March, lumpectomy in April but when I got my results i had some positive nodes.

I had to go for a CT scan and waiting for those results was awful. It flagged up 2 areas so i was referred for a bone scan, luckily all benign but the time waiting for both these scans & results (around 4 weeks in total for me) was truly awful. I was walking around in a daze, not sleeping properly.

I’m having an operation on Thursday to remove my lymph nodes and then i’m hoping to find out what treatment I have next.

Good luck with your scans x

1 Like

Hey, I had the same diagnosis on 15th May after waking up with a hardened breast on 28th April.

I’m 10 days post mastectomy, reconstruction and lymph node clearance today. What a whirlwind. I agree with what others have said about the waiting being the worst part. The mention of CT scan sent me spiralling. I’m 42 with 2 young children, whilst it feels really strange to be coping with this alongside an otherwise normal life my kids have been the best distraction. it’s really helpful to have these forums and feel like your feelings are valid and normal .

1 Like

Thankyou for your reply. What grade is yours? Good luck with everything x

Hi steadyteps, Sounds like they acted quickly then. What grade is yours? Did you have to have an MRI and more biopsies m? Have you already had your ct? Sorry that’s alot of questions. I’m scared about that. I just want to get started on treatment and get an operation asap. But there’s so many tests you have to have first. The waiting is really really hard. I’m really struggling as I’m sure everyone does. I cry most of the day and feel like I’m shaking from the inside out. Ive felt cold ever since I found out. I’m really scared x

I’m grade 3 too. I’m confused about my tumour size though and what is invasive compared to insitu. I don’t think it makes any difference to the plan but I’m trying to cope by understanding and rationalising so am asking a lot of questions so I’m clear. I was referred on the breast abscess pathway so was seen at the clinic within 24 hours of seeing my GP. Everyone thought abscess but things took a turn at the ultrasound and I had 3 biopsies there and then one of which was a lymph node. Looking back it was obvious the clinic team knew it wasn’t good news although nobody said anything explicitly clear. I knew I’d be very lucky to have 3 biopsies come back negative so kind of accepted I had cancer very early on, the anxiety was more around how bad it was going to be, especially with the CT request in that first appointment. In my head I thought the “abscess” was my body’s way of getting me checked out and they found something else whilst at it. So my CT results were available for their big MDT meeting and I thankfully avoided the wait for follow up scans after diagnosis. I’m really grateful I’ve gone through the first process incredibly quickly but it has been a lot to take in and I’m not sure I’ve really processed it properly yet. Sitting recovering from surgery I often think what the hell just happened to me. The psychological recovery from surgery has been far worst than physical so far but I am doing better than I expected to be. I accepted a surgery date quickly in the hope we can go on holiday at the start of the summer break before chemo starts, just want to keep everything as normal as possible for my children. Hope you’ve got lots of support around you, cry and shout as much as you need to. Happy to chat more if you’d like to

1 Like

I felt cold through all the waiting too, couldn’t eat, couldn’t sleep. The Breast Care Nurses told me to keep busy and I had all these plans to do jobs I never get round to doing at home but it floored me and other than sorting my children out I couldn’t do much at all except catastrophise and overthink every little ache and twinge. I promise that does pass once you know more about the plan. Hope they get back to you soon with your next appointments

That’s what like. All I do is cry and constant panic attacks. I’m so scared to answer the phone next week when she calls. Im just praying it’s to tell me my treatment plan and no more waiting. I’ve pm’d you x

1 Like

I go in on Tuesday for my ct results. What is likely to happen at that meeting. It’s also my oncologist first meeting. It sounds like every hospital does things slightly differently but your experiences might help me feel I have a good idea of what is coming x