Great tits T shirt -like or dislike? Please read.

absolutely DISLIKE…

I hope well intentioned, but definitely misguided!! English Threads should definitely be looking for a new Marketing Manager!!!

DISLIKE

DISLIKE

English Threads have posted this:

I am sorry but we will be shutting the FB forum down. We are getting emails from people too scared to post positive messages in case they bullied. We did put a note out asking for people to be polite with their opinions but sadly a few have… spoiled this and I have just had a lady with BC on the phone in tears saying she wants to support this but is too afriad. It is no longer a forum for sensible debate. Regards, English Threads

that’s a nice opt out for having too many negative comments on the wall!! hope that’s not too cynical!!!

Dont like the great tits.may b should of had one tit laying on its back and saying when did u last check your tits. But still not great.Jane

Dislike

DISLIKE

Totally inappropriate.

DISLIKE. - Very poor taste

DISLIKE Again in very bad taste!!!

I don’t actually believe some of the stuff English Threads were coming out with re support, people with BC ringing them in tears because they were afraid of bullying if they supported it etc.

I just get the impression the people doing the marketing for the company aren’t the brightest fireworks in the box (I work in the web industry and meet marketing people like this all the time. They are usually 15-25 years younger than me, sorry but that’s the truth).

Also,I don’t think Breakthrough gave enough thought to this when they approved it. Especially as they are a high profile BC charity.

DISLIKE
DISLIKE
DISLIKE

I don’t believe half the stuff English Threads say either. It just appears that the MD is a totally selfish person who doesn’t care who he upsets as long as he makes his money.

Quick deviation from main data collection purpose of this thread… The company’s managing director posted a message on his personal facebook page asking his friends to put positive feedback on the company site to redeess the balance against the overwhelming negative feedback which had amassed on the page. Within an hour, the flurry of positive posts came up on the company site, at least 2 of which were made by the MD’s friends who had replied to other posts on his personal face book page. At the same time, the MD has deleted numerous negative comments from breast cancer sufferers, whilst maintaining its only a minority who object snd that the overwhelming feedback is positive.

Anyhows, like, dislike or neutral?

Quote from English Threads FB page 12th July from their MD.

“Dear all. I am doing a special pink version of ‘Great Tits’ for Breast Cancer. I have approached a couple of the bigger charities who were interested but got outvoted to endorse the idea because of the word ‘tits’ Annoying as it is a positive message. Do any of you have an affiliation/friendship/contact who works for a Breast Cancer charity who might be worth talking to? If so please let me know. All the best. ET”

Interesting to see the support for the Tshirt was not so straightforward, and concerns were highlighted to EnglishThreads.

DISLIKE from 4 of my friends with BC who have emailed the comany direct with their opinion but do not post on the forum.

I am with Cherub !!

As you know…DISLIKE DISLIKE DISLIKE

julie x

Dislike. If a sizeable percentage of breast cancer patients find this T-shirt offensive and insulting someone, English Threads and Breakthrough, needs at the very least to acknowledge the strength of feeling.

As a T-Shirt I think it’s quite funny and original. I like silly T-shirts with slogans etc. I once had a t-shirt that said “My face is up here” - on the boob area.

As a T-shirt promoting Breast Cancer awareness, No, I think it’s offensive and once again, making our cancer “fun” and “cute”. NO OTHER KILLING DISEASE IS TREATED IN THIS WAY - NONE!!!

I think the approach for breast cancer awareness needs to change.
It needs to be aimed at people to check their boobs yes, but also, if you find a lump early then you’re going to have a better outcome.
If you ignore it, thinking it’ll be nothing, or because you’re scared of what it might be and let it grow, you may have a worse outcome. And guess what if it is cancer, it doesn’t go away without treatment, which may not be as bad if you get it early.

Dont like the great tits.may b should of had one tit laying on its back and saying when did u last check your tits. But still not great.Jane

• Jane, that’s genius!!! That’s more like it, and we’d get a laugh out of that as well as it being original and “fun”.

Dislike intensely! I can’t imagine anyone with any self respect would wear this T-shirt!

Dislike and would even If I hadnt had BC. I think it is cheap and degrading and would question why on earth anyone apart from exhibitionists would want to wear it.

My opinion.

Very much Dislike and have said so on both the BBC and English Threads FB pages.