Had a lump for six years

Greetings.

I found a lump in my right breast six years ago when I was 16. (I’m now 22.) I never went to the doctor because I suffer from immense health anxiety and always felt like I’d rather die without having known I had cancer than face having cancer.

I read that before a lump can be felt, the cancer has potentially already been growing for years (and that it generally advances quite slowly), but given that I had a lump that can be physically felt for 6 years, how likely is it that it is cancer since I haven’t had any other symptoms?

Thank you in advance.

I cannot answer your question with any certainty but I think after 6 years you would have known by now.
All I can say is, surely for your own peace of mind a visit to your GP would end all your stress and worrying.

Believe me, I DO understand how you feel, I suffer from Borderline personality disorder which is not easy, it has taken me a long time to get trust in people and allow myself to open up and go places alone.
When I found my lump, I totally surprised myself in so much as I went to the Docs the rest is history.

Tormenting yourself will do you no good you deserve to know and get back to being happy again - believe me, knowing one way or the other is/was the best step I ever took.

Thinking of you and wishing you all the best.

Poppy xx