Hair loss after it came back

Hi I’m wondering if anyone has had the same as me. I had 3 fec and then 3 taxotere, after my fec my hair started growing and was getting quite thick in places, I finished my last Taxotere 3 weeks ago and my new hair as mostly all fell out again! Am I going to be bald forever? I’m also taking tamoxifen I started taking it a week after I finished the chemo, so I worried that it’s the tamoxifen which I’m now on for 10 yrs, I’m so Down At the moment this has devestated me, I thought I’d be getting bk to normal now instead I’m hairless eyebrowless and eyelashless, plus my eyes look so sore even tho they aren’t. I’m a mess to be honest!

Hi, I’m feeling the same had 4 cycles of Doxetacil and Cylophsphamide, I used the cold cap kept 50/60% of my hair the rest continued to grow plus new hair had started to grow. Had last chemo on 22/2, started Tamoxifen on 14/3. My hair is still coming out I’m hoping it’s the chemo and not the Tamoxifen which I’m on for 2 years then changing to Leztrole for at 3 years. I was quite pleased with the amount of hair I had a few weeks ago, now it looks a mess.

Ann xx

Hi both

Our hair grows in cycles so what has fallen out probably took its battering during chemo at a root level , xx it will start to grow back it may look different or have a different texture but itll grow back

Jen x

I spoke to chemo nurse this morning she said that its unusual to lose the hair that’s grown back and has booked me an app with the onc, she said tamoxifen can cause alopecia in 2 % of patients, not that mine is looking like alopecia it’s just all thinning out a lot! X

I’m afraid hair thinning is a side effect of Tamoxifen in one in 10 people and it is most obvious in the first few months of taking it as your body gets used to the changes in your hormones .After intially being quite obvious mine settled down after a few months (that seems to be the case with most people) and I can live with what I’ve been left with (although I would rather have my old hair obviously).

My hair has slowed down coming out but it’s very thin on top now, I will shave it back to a number 1 and see what happens it’s only about 1cm long anyway x

Ladies, I’ve managed to keep a thin patchy layer of hair throughout my FEC, I have my second T tomorrow. The hair is around 1cm long and I can also feel some short spiky ones pushing through. I’ve been feeling quite excited about it, but now worried it’ll all fall out! I was thinking of waiting until after my last T and then shaving it all to one level xx