Hair products post chemo

Hi
Ive finished chemotherapy and will start radiotherapy shortly along with taking Anastrozole and having lost some hair/ got very thin hair i want to encourage strong regrowth and so I wondered if anyone has used any regrowth products to any effect? E.g. plantur shampoo/tonic ?
I did ask in the nurses section and will telephone cancer hair care but any tips and real life experience would be helpful
Thanks

1 Like

Curlywurly :heart: sunny isle extra dark Jamaican black castor oil rubbed into scalp and left for an hour before washing helped with hair regrowth and the new shampoo bar from lush with looked like a red dot helped me but I didn’t use anything like these till after finishing treatments. I know others did well with alpecin and planter :+1:so hope this help :two_hearts::two_hearts::sparkles::sparkles:Shi xx

1 Like

Hi Curlywurly1

I have been using Rosemary Shampoo with decent results.

2 Likes

Thanks both

1 Like

Advice and links from cancer hair charity if anyone else needs this

Thanks

shampooing and conditioning Washing-and-conditioning-scalp-cooling > Styling Drying and styling hair scalp cooling - Cancer Hair Care > nanogen hair fibre NANOGEN HAIR FIBRES – Nanogen > new hair growth/ rosemary/ supplements Taking care of new hair to encourage new growth - Cancer Hair Care https://youtu.be/rvYC_imDL1A > faith in nature rosemary shampoo & conditioner Natural Rosemary Shampoo | Vegan Haircare | Faith In Nature > weloxon hair tonic Revitalising Hair Tonic — Weleda

1 Like

Hi, has anyone tried this company? See link below. I haven’t lost all my hair but it has thinned so will be trying this out, the pitta growth serum. I’ve seen a few people post on their website who have used it after chemo and say they have had good results with it

As well as the original recommendations im using a serum and conditioner from watermans

A friend going through menopause whose hair thinned uses it and swears by it

Throwing everything to get my bouncy bonce back ( looks like soft baby hair at the moment) :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi, when did you start using the products? I’ve been advised I can start on the day of my last chemo treatment (I thought I’d have to wait until about 3 weeks later)

Hi
I started using the products for hair straight after chemo finished ( i was only washing hair weekly at the time)
Now use them 2 or 3 times per week, definitely seeing regrowth but it feels very soft

2 Likes

So I had my last treatment today and have been advised that I can start using the rosemary oil (+carrier) from next week. Also starting to massage scalp from tomorrow.

1 Like