Hey @loopylea
Although I’ve heard a lot of people say they experienced this, I never had this sensation. However I shaved mine off within five days of the very first signs of shedding so maybe this helped me avoid this without me knowing!
Hey @loopylea
Although I’ve heard a lot of people say they experienced this, I never had this sensation. However I shaved mine off within five days of the very first signs of shedding so maybe this helped me avoid this without me knowing!
@loopylea yes my scalp was sore and shaving my head eased it a lot. It was still tender now and again but much better when it was down to little short hairs, the longer hairs moving around were more uncomfortable x
Yes I shaved mine for that very reason. It was so uncomfortable. It felt miles better once I’d done it. I reframed it to get over the emotional upset. Instead of seeing it as loss, I chose to see it as a step nearer to getting better. It helped a little bit. xxx
Thanks everyone, just need to be brave enough to shave it off !! I don’t think I have a very good hairline underneath and really don’t want to wear a wig yet until it’s cooler.. I really Don’t like headscarves feel They make me look so old! I’m not very good with all that hair stuff. I can’t seem to get a hair course at a time that I’m not working either.. will have to YouTube some stuff
Hi @loopylea you shave it off when you’re ready. As for head wear, I have a straw hat for the warmer weather and in the Winter months I wore a silk beanie and topped it off with. a bikers hat when it was really cold. The pink badge says ‘fierce bitch’!!!
Well It’s gone! Couldn’t cope with the hair on everything!!! It’s amazing how much better I feel For it too!!
Oh good for you! Yes the thought of doing it is worse than the actual doing of it. I found that it was starting to reappear after my 4th cycle of chemo. I kept making myself jump when I looked in the mirror as I felt I looked like a boiled egg, but I soon got used to it. x
Haha.. I’m getting used to it and it’s so much nicer to look at than bald patches everywhere!! Although my daughter wept like a baby for ages after and will not let me take her to school without a wig on!! I have clear instructions!!
Hubby calls me GI Jane now and has challenged me to do one arm press ups!! I am no Demi Moore I assure you!! ![]()
My brother-in-law wanted to start calling me GI Jane but said he was worried he’d get a slap from Will Smith. ![]()
This is a useful link someone shared with me today. It might be of interest to you too.
I kept sooo much hair during my 8 rounds of chemo using a cold cap that I didnt needed wraps or wigs. Just a hat/cap in the wind. Now chemo is finished ive started washing my hair more as I had alot of flaky scalp. 16 days post chemo and its falling out so much. Im wondering if it still wants to go bald? I don’t really know what to do with it. If I go to a stylist I’m worried even more will fall out. I guess it’s another waiting game
That’s a bummer, foxgem! Im losing enough with placitaxol as it is - further loss when it’s over would finish it off
good luck woth it anyway x
Find a salon which specialises in hair loss management. If they sell Nioxin there’s a good chance a stylist there has extra training in the subjuct. My stylist has GPs sending people to her. Luckily I’ve not needed her expertise.