Hair thinning with letrozole

I’m a year after mastectomy and DIEP and taking letrozole. Had a good start but this month my already thin hair has got worse. Really thin and I don’t know what to do. Not washing every day is not an option but what else can I do to help my hair ?

4 Likes

Are you allowed to take supplements? Zinc is good for thinning hair. Also sleeping on a silk pillow is beneficial. Various shampoos available but not sure how efficient they are. Good luck.x

Thank you so much for your guidance. I will check if I can take zinc and will go for the silk pillow. Thank you so much. Feeling sad. Your replying has made me feel so not alone with it .

2 Likes

Hi @broomfield1

Welcome to the forum. I’m also on Letrozole (just over 2 months) and haven’t notice any thinning yet. I have a lot of hair and cold capped through chemotherapy and kept most of it.

I hope you get some more answers from other forum members.

Have you spoken to your team or GP? You could also contact the BCN nurses by phone or message

• Helpline: 0808 800 6000 (Mon-Fri 9am-4pm; Sat 9am-1pm). Speak to our trained helpline team. No questions are too big or too small.
  • Ask Our Nurses: You can message our nurses here on the forum, or confidentially. Whatever you prefer.

www.cancerhaircare.co.uk are really good at giving individual advise as well as working with the www.lookgoodfeelbetter.co.uk charity. Jasmine has worked with Trevor Sorbie and her team look at many different products to help with hair loss.

Take care :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Hi
I’ve been on letrozole for just over a year now and my hair is definitely thinning . I have started to take a multivitamin and I was low on iron so oncologist has said I should take some iron , I find the tablets horrible so I take spatone in some orange juice . I also take a good vitamin D supplement
I know how you feel because my hair came in quite well after chemo and it’s upsetting to have it thinning
Big hugs xx

2 Likes

Hi Ive been on letrozole for 6 months and also noticed my hair was thinning, as it had done post menopause! I use a silk pillowcase and take biotin. I researched hair loss hair care and tried Pantene’s hair biology menopause range…their revitalise and soothe shampoo and revitalise and strengthen hair mask. I also used the hair thickening and scalp soothing serum treatment after washing! And, to my amazement, I noticed the difference straightaway! After a few uses, my hair looks back to normal…just hoping it stays that way! xx

1 Like

Thank you will definitely try those options. Good to hear they are making a difference. X

1 Like