Hanging on

Hi Nina and everyone else. I remember being a bit squeamish about looking at my new boob (I had mx inc nipple but immediate recon last July) but I’ve soon got used to it. I also have a dent on the other side (had to have two small ops to remove a small area of DCIS) but everything looks fine with a slightly padded sports bra. I made myself laugh when I came round from the surgery - I had had the radioactive injection and they had warned me I may need the dye as well to track the SLN’s so don’t worry if my skin is blue - I remember peeping down my top and thinking my god, my whole boob is a strong dark blue, I wasn’t prepared for that! It was only when I had a proper look the next morning that I realised it was a blue pressure dressing covering my boob (and attached to a wierd little box thing that made a noise like a tree frog!!) - they hadn’t had to use the dye at all. Lol :slight_smile:

Hope recovery goes well, rest up and take it easy, remember it takes a while for your body to get over the anaesthetic, let alone the surgery. Fingers crossed for good results (I’ve still heard nothing, hoping that’s a good sign) xx

Hi. Glad to here you are progressing. It will take time. I’m getting used to my smaller boob and it’s not on my mind like it was before. I suspect though in a years time I may opt for a reduction of the other for symmetry.

I hope the waiting time goes quick for you and doesn’t drag past and I pray for good results.
Best wishes. Xx