Happy to share my TNBC experience

I have just finished 8 months treatment for TNBC.  I am more than happy to share my experience and answer any questions to do with diagnosis, chemo, hair loss, surgery, radiotherapy etc -  and how you feel at the end of it all.  Here to offer my support
XX 

7 Likes

Hey, so glad to hear that you are happy after your treatment for TNBC.

Hello Very happy to hear that you finished your treatment and thank you for offering to share your experience. I was diagnosed with TNBC myself and have completed my 1st cycle of chemotherapy and immunotherapy (nab-paclitaxel+Atezolizumab), so still a long way ahead for me. I wanted to ask if you felt any pain in tumor site during treatment (I’m experiencing some at the moment) and how long did it take for the tumor to start shrinking? Did you feel generally well during the treatment? I feel fatigue and pain for now, but I’m not sure how it’ll be after next cycles… Thank you for your support xx

2 Likes

Hey, is this offer still open?

I’m recently diagnosed with TNBC, 19mm IDC R breast. CT CAP was clear. I had SLNB with 8 nodes removed, all were clear, but my histology report says I have lymphovascular and perineural invasion which has upset me a lot.

After node results came back I had wide local excision on 18th December.

I’m waiting to meet with oncologist after Christmas to get a plan. I’m really struggling with my diagnosis and terrified the cancer is already in my brain. I am desperate to start treatment.

1 Like

Hi Georgie sorry to hear you were worrying about your TNBC before Christmas. How are you doing now? Any more updates?
I’ve recently been diagnosed with TNBC. Starting chemo and immunotherapy on Tuesday 13th Feb :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Hi,
Can I ask why you are having immunotherapy as well as chemo. I’m triple negative and been told I don’t need immunotherapy, just chemo ???

2 Likes

Hi Vibby I didn’t get told why I’m having immunotherapy but I did watch a previously recorded Facebook live video on TNBC after. The Oncologist speaking said the criteria (from NICE guidelines I expect?) for immunotherapy was if the TNBC tumour was over 20mm and/or in lymph nodes. Mine is in my lymph nodes so I thought that must be why. Does that help? Xx

Hi, yes, thankyou. That makes sense, mine was 16mm with negative lymph nodes.
That must be why.
It’s soooooo complicated, I don’t think they’d give me the wrong treatment, but it helps me to understand

1 Like