Having a baby after breast cancer…

Hi Everyone! :heart:

I’m new to this site, but after reading your stories I feel this may help me going forward, and right now I need some help.

In 2020, aged 29, I was diagnosed with Invasive Ductal Breast Cancer. Grade 2, HER2 Positive, ER7 (Hormonal )

I had a lumpectomy and lymph nodes removed. (No spread to nodes)

I then had my eggs frozen before starting chemotherapy and herceptin then followed by radiotherapy.

Once I’d finished I was put on Tamoxifen Tablets & Zoladex Injection.

In Aug 2022 they changed my Tamoxifen Tablet to Exemestane tablets. (Which made me gain 2 stone in 6months!! :woman_facepalming:)

I’ve struggled both physically and mentally over the last few years trying to deal with everything and trying to feel like me again, just this time with hot flushes, osteoarthritis, osteopenia and being a lot heavier!!!

My saving grace throughout all of this was my boy. He was only 4 at the time, but helped me fight this everyday…. He still does.

I’ve always wanted another baby desperately. I’ve spoke to my oncologist and they said that studies have shown that it’s ok to have a break in treatment after 2-3yrs to try and have a baby. Then I would need to go back on treatment after.

I feel a little anxious at the thought of coming off my meds, plus my cancer was hormonal. So in my eyes I feel being pregnant you can’t be much more hormonal than that!!

I would love to hear from you all, especially if you’re having the same thoughts or have come off your meds to try and conceive. Or have already conceived and are now back on the meds.

I feel like the best place to address my anxieties is here with the women who have been through it too.

I just wanted to say also, you are all amazing, strong, brave ladies. Reading through some of your journey’s has brought tears to my eyes…. Carry on being amazing :heart:

X

2 Likes