Healthy Living Day

Healthy Living Day

Healthy Living Day Hi everybody

Just wondering has anybody been to on of the Healthy Living Days in Bolton there is one running in July.

JanetS

Healthy living Day - Bolton Hi Janet

Im glad that you have posted this as I was just reading the fantastic new magazine yesterday called ‘Viva’ which is run by breast cancer care and they mentioned the above venue. I too wondered what it was all about, as I live near Wigan it is the closest place to me, and I woud be interested in going.

Debbie

Healthy Liveing Day – Bolton Hi Debbie

Thanks for your reply let me know if you want the telephone number. May meet you there!!

JanetS

That would be good! Hi Janet

Thanks, if you have the number I’ll take it. Sounds like a great idea!
(Also, do you happen to have the date and venue?)
Debbie x

Re Date for BOLTON Hi Debbie

The number you want is 0114 263 6480 and ask for KEELEY MATHEWS. The dates are 25th July starts at 9.00 am. untill 26th July end 4.30pm
. I spoke to her yesterday and she is sending some info in the post for me
It is for people that has finished there treatment to help you to Live with Cancer. It sounds very good and it is all free. ( Anything will be a help for me to help me over this stage of the recovery)
I have looked on your profile but nothing poasted so don’t know what stage you are at at the moment. Hope this helps and let me know if you do go and we can have a chat there. (I think she said there are limited places about 15)

Hope to hear from you soon.
JanetS

Me! Hi Janet

thanks for the info I will ring on Monday.

I thought that I had filled my profile in but here goes, was diagnosed last April, had lump then 25 x rads, all my nodes were clear and the lump was grade 2. 3 weeks into rads I thought that I felt another lump and I asked for immediate mastectomy, the lump was not picked up on the mammogram and it turned out to be benign to grade 1, then I elected to have 6 x chemo as a precaution. I have just finished chemo 6 weeks ago and have just got a new job working 15 hours per week.

Im now on Arimadex and Zoladex and to avoid having to have the injections for 2 years have asked for my ovaries removed which they are doing as a day case in August…phew!!! (Its not that Im addicted to surgery!!!)

If I can get in Ill look forward to meeting you.

Debbie x

Hi Debbie Thanks for your reply. let me know how you go on when you ring !

How are you finding work only I went back a few weeks ago but felt it was to soon so will try again next month on reduced hours.

Janet

hi debbie and janet if you go into the section services and activities it tells you about all the days you can go on healthy living day, living with breast cancer etc., I am a volunteer and help out at these and other events and i know youll have a brilliant time. Take care xxxx

Hi Janet Ive rang today and spoke to Keeley who is getting somebody else to ring me this afternoon and ask some questions, it sounds really good, I hope that I can get it as I think that it will help with the recovery side of things.

I’ve been working 2 x 4 hours for the last 4 weeks, at first it was tiring but yesterday I managed to do the whole day, and although I just lay in the back garden (with the odd glass of wine!) from 5pm until 8 pm generally I felt well. Today Ive taken the puppies up to Rivington and managed to do an hours flat walking with a little bit of hill work and then treated myself to a sandwich and lemon cake in the old tea room afterwards. (So much for walking off the calories!!)

The arimadex does cause quite a bit of joint pain, but today, (touch wood) I feel so much better, although my neck is still stiff.

I suppose it depends on what you do in work, this new job that I have is clerical so it doesn’t involve any lifting, and its over in Birchwood, so its not too far to travel. I would just take my time and listen to your body.

I’ll keep you posted!

Debbie x

Hi Debbie Thanks for keeping me poasted. I’v not heard anything yet so will ring again tomorrow. Been into work today to see everyone really do miss it I work in ASDA warrington which involves heavy lifting. so will have to see how I go on when I go back in July. will go back on reduced hours only i’ve got 2 hospital appointments last week in june so I want to get them out of the way.
You work not far from were we live in Penketh. My husband is based in birchwood. (small world is’nt it)

Anyway lovely to hear from you and hope we can meet up in Bolton bacause I like the odd glass of wine too!!

Love Janet xx (Keep me poasted)

Booked in! Hi Janet

They rang me yesterday about the course, I still cannot take in that there is no charge for it, it does seem just what we need after the last 12 months, and hopefully will teach us how to cope with this ‘new’ life!

They have said that I’m accepted for the 2 days and that they will forward all the necessary paperwork.

I think that because your job involves lifting you would be wise to leave it for as long as possible, I’ve gone back on ‘permitted’ work hours so that it enables me to stay on my incapacity benefit until I get my confidence back in my body and am sure what I can and cannot do.

Ive also got some hospital appointments coming up,it makes my stomach turn thinking about going into that place again! Good luck with yours.

Im going for a calcium scan at Liverpool, have you had that one yet?
(Due to the Arimadex)

Last thought, Keeley mentioned that if anyone else was out there that has finished treatment and would like to go on the course please just ring her.
Speak to you soon
Debbie x

Me Booked In To !!! Hi Debbie.

Just had phone call and been accepted for the course it sounds really good I am looking forward to it but a little scary not knowing anyone !! but this is the NEW ME also going for job interview tomorrow so fingers crossed.

No I have not had any scans up to now inless they arrange any after my next appointments next week.

Keep me poasted look forward to hearing from you and also meeting you.

Janet xx

AAhhh just like that said tommy cooper WHEN I WAS DIOGNOSED WITH BREAST CANCER LAST YEAR AUGUST 2005 AND WENT THROUGH THE TREAD MILL OF WHAT WE ALL GO THROUGH IE, TREATMENT ETC, I WAS TOLD IT WILL CHANGE MY OUT LOOK FOREVER WITH REGARDS TO EVEN OUR CLOSEST FRIENDS, WELL I WONDER HOW MANY OF YOU OUT THERE HAVE HAD SUCH STUPID THINGS SAID TO YOU? MINE HAVE BEEN. LOOK ON THE BRIGHT SIDE AT LEAST YOU HAVE 6 MONTHS MONTHS OFF WORK ENJOY THEM, I SAID I WOULD LOVE NOT TO HAVE HAD CANCER AND WORKED THE 6 MONTHS.
TODAY A PAL CAME TO VISIT WE WERE SAT IN THE GARDEN AND I SAID I DO NOT THINK I SHALL GO BACK TO WORK FULL TIME, SHE SAID WELL I THINK YOU SHOULD NOT MAKE ANY PLANS TO GO BACK TO WORK AT THE MOMENT(GOD FOR BID SHE SAID) IT MIGHT COME BACK, I SAID OK I MIGHT AS WELL CANCEL MY HOLIDAYS IN JULY, MY BIRTHDAY TREAT IN SEPTEMBER (BILLY ELLIOT IN LONDON) AND XMAS AND QUICKLY CHANGED THE SUBJECT, IN MY HEAD I WAS THINKING, THE WORD STARTED WITH AN FFFF. ABOUT 10MINS LATER I MENTIONED MY HAIR, I SAIDI MIGHT HAVE IT BLEACHED BLONDE AGAIN(BEEN BLONDE FOR PAST 33YEARS)SHE OH MY GOD I WOULD NOT BLEACH MY HAIR IT MIGHT ALL FALL OUT AGAIN… I KNOW IT WOULD NOT BE A PROBLEM BLEACHING MY HAIR, AS IT HAPPENS I LOVE MY NEW SILVER WHITE LOOK AND I SHALL TAKE HOW I FEEL FROM THERE. AS SHARON OSBOURNE WOULD SAY. HAVE A BIT OF CAKE… LOVE TO YOU ALL ON THIS WEB SITE .

Hello Hi Debbie

Hope you are o.k not had any posting from you (getting worried) Hope your hospital appointments went o.k.

Janet xx

Hi Again Hi Debbie

Glad to have you back on line only I was getting worried you not haveing posted for a while. but as long as you are o.k thats fine
Looking forward to meeting you in Bolton (had a look at the hotel it seems lovely.)

Janet xx