Hello I'm new here - anyone else with BC in both boobs?

Hello everyone,
Last week (actually on my 60th birthday), I was devastated to be told I have breast cancer in both breasts; high grade DCIS in one and IDC grade 2 in the other.
I’m having lumpectomy surgery on April 19th and sentinel lymph gland removal for biopsy, followed by radiotherapy. Of course the treatment plan could change if anything is found in what they remove and in the lymph glands.
I’m finding it all so hard to take in; I feel very scared and incredibly anxious The waiting time for the surgery is torture as each day is dragging like a 100 years.
Has anyone else been diagnosed with BC in both breasts?

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum @sunshine7 . I’m sorry you are having to deal with this , not the birthday present you had in mind :frowning:
Yes there are plenty of others on the forum who’ve been diagnosed with cancer in both breasts , hopefully someone will be along soon to share their experiences .
The worst thing about a breast cancer diagnosis is most definitely the “ anxious waiting “ that seems to happen at every stage of the process - it’s torture ! Fingers and toes crossed for the best possible outcome for you from your surgery and results .

1 Like

Hi @sunshine7

Welcome to the forum. I’m so sorry to hear about your diagnosis - and on your birthday as well. It’s no wonder you feel so anxious, I know that many people here will understand how you’re feeling.

The forum is full of kind people and I hope that you find the support you are looking for.

Please know that our nurses are here for you any time, here on the forum on the Ask our Nurses your questions or over the phone 0808 800 6000.

We’re thinking of you,
Lucy

1 Like

Thank you for your good wishes @Jill1998.
Yes the waiting is definitely torture!

Hi @LucyJ_BCN

Thanks for the welcome and information regarding the nurses on the forum, it’s good to know there is support.

1 Like