Help and support for husbands and family

Hi everyone,

I’m just wondering if their is a forum where husbands or family members can talk about what their going through helping their loved one through bc.

Hi Danica,
Sorry you have had to join us :frowning:

You have found exactly the right place for partners and families… if they register they are welcome to post on any threads, and if you look in this section you will find a few threads from partners, parents, siblings and children. Replies may come from anyone, and women post a lot more than men, but there are some great guys who post on here - some with bc but most who are partners or parents.

So, if any of your family want to sign up, do invite them to (but one teeny word of caution, they will be able to see your posts too, so bear that in mind of sharing personal stuff about your body, as some of us do from time to time)

They could also phone the helpline (number at top of screen)

Take care and I hope all goes really well for you

hi there, i spoke to someone on this websites helpline about support and they have said not only can i have peer support person to speak to over phone, but they can organise peer support person for partners to speak to as well.

TTM xxx

Evening all. There is peer support for partners. Male and female. My husband found it very helpful even if it just showed him I was not hiding too much!!! Give the helpline a ring and they will arrange it for you . The helpline itself is very good at talking to family and friends. It is what they do daily. tel 0808 800 6000. Christmas opening has been bumped up.
Cackles

Hi Danica

I am posting a link to the ‘In it together’ booklet which your partner may find helpful, as your fellow users have mentioned we also provide peer support for partners, family and friends and you can find out about this service from our helpliners which re opens next Wednesday 28th at 9am, there is more information here:

www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/publications/diagnosed-breast-cancer/it-together-partners-people-breast-cancer-bcc120

breastcancercare.org.uk/breast-cancer-services/someone-talk/one-one-support

Take care
Lucy