Help I have developed an infection 2 weeks post op

Hi all, I had a lumpectomy and lymph nodes removed on 5th January I have been doing ok, I had my dressings removed last Friday 14th January and yesterday 18th January insane the consultant for the results of my op. Yesterday morning I became aware that my wound was quite open and I had a really large red, swollen, hot area surrounding the wound that had spread to most of my breast. The consultant confirmed I have an infection and I have been prescribed co-amoxiclav antibiotics to help clear the infection. 
my son has just noticed that my t-shirt has a large(ish) blood stain and I have checked and my breast is oozing. The cancer nurse I saw advised me that if anything like this was to happen then I should call her, but she is there until 4pm and this has just happened at 9pm. Not sure what to do with the wound if anything. Has anyone else had a similar experience and what did you do. I am quite concerned so any advice would be really welcome. My breast has become very painful and is very swollen, it looks about three times the size it was.

Thank you so much. Xxx

Sorry to hear you are having problems, do phone 111 and ask for their advice, personally I’d be straight down a&E and get them to look at it immediately which they should when you advise it’s post op for breast cancer Please let us know how you get on, do keep safe just for your peace of mind, you need it looking at really ti be sure :two_hearts: :two_hearts: :sparkles: :sparkles: Shi xx