Help

I have posted on here when my mum was told she had cancer. She had a mastecomy 2 yrs ago and got the all clear again 2 weeks ago.

For some unknown reason I did a breast check and found a tiny lump (smaller than a pea) which was mobile. I had one of these over 15 yrs ago but it disappeared on its own. I went to my GP the next day who checked my breast and asked me if this is the lump i was talking. I was sick to my stomach because he found another lump which was bigger (around 2cm he said).

It does not seem to be in the main part of my breast, it is at the back. It felt very hard, just like bone. I am really scared at the moment. Got to wait now for the hospital appointment. I would like to hear of any one with similiar stories.

Everyone wants to come with me. My mum, aunt, boyfriend. In some ways i would rather be on my own but i know thye will not let me go through this on my own.

You ladies on here helped me and my mum when she was going through it, now it is my turn.

Chrissie

Hi there Chrissie,

so sorry to see you’ve had to come back here - i so wish that ths wasn’t so for you. But, welcome, and hugs for you.

Hopefully your appointment will come through very soon, and this horrid waiting time will be over. The not knowing is the hardest part. Although i think you’ll find it’s easier in some ways from this side, than watching someone else go through it. Good to know everyone is rallying around, but don’t let them crowd you. I can quite understand why you’d want to be on your own, maybe you could go in on your own, but have someone there in the waiting room? That way, should you want them in with you, then they are easily called in.

sending huge hugs

x x x x

Hi Chrissie

Sorry you have had to rejoin us - Quisie is right, the waiting is the worst bit. I hope you get your appointment through soon. I know what you mean about wanting to be on your own - I went through the ‘one-stop’ clinic on my own (I have to say not by choice - I wasn’t told prior to the appointment that I would get the results on the sme day!) - but it gave me time to adjust to it myself before ringing my hubby and kids to come in.

I’m not going to tell you not to worry - heard it too many times myself lol but please let us know how you get on

take care
Margaret x

Hi Chrissie

During this difficult time please remember you can always call the Breast Cancer Care helpline and talk to someone in confidence about how you are feeling. The staff here are all either breast care nurses or people who have personal experience of breast care issues. The number to call is 0808 800 6000 the lines open Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm and Saturdays 9am - 2pm.

I hope this is of some help to you.

Best wishes

Sam
Breast Cancer Care