HER2+ and need some buddies

Hi Jeml

I guess it really is the luck of the draw but there are so many things you can get for eyebrows and lashes if they did fall out or thin temporarily.

Temporary brows you stick on-Amazon etc
Brow wigs
Micro blading-salons check with oncologist first
Brow stencils and powder to fill in.
C lash-lashes designed for chemo therapy patients-they stick on with a band to your skin rather than lashes-Amazon,Boots

Also if you have a Boots nearby check online if the No 7 counter has a trained person to advise those going through chemotherapy/cancer, some do and they may offer some tips or tricks too.

Sometimes a little tweak can make all the difference oof how we feel.

Have you done a Look Good Feel Good Better workshop? https://lookgoodfeelbetter.co.uk/
They are online and in person too and have workshops that cover eyebrows and eyelashes and lots more too such as nails, headwear, wigs etc.

This is worth a look and if you go along you get a goody bag for the skin and make up one!

On the subject of nails I used jojoba oil and rubbed it into my cuticles as advised on LGFB and painted them black for protection as I had heard other women did.

I can report that my nails were longer and stronger than they had been in decades after chemo!

Lastly an oncologist nurse mentioned that you can get a prescription for prescription lash regrowth serum from your doctors after chemo if you lose them all,

I didnā€™t get to ask my doctor as they grew back so fast and may also depend upon your doctor if they were willing to do this but I thought it was worth mentioning.

Yes you have to have a laugh along the way at things sometimes,ā€¦once my computer wasnā€™t working and when I took it to the Apple shop and the gentleman rebooted it he was faced with a full screen of different womenā€™s boobs as I had been looking at breast reconstruction! :rofl:

I have heard people mention a chemo started group as well on this site might be worth a look if you havenā€™t already.

Your boyfriend sounds very caring and considerateā€¦facial massagesā€¦I am sure we are all jealous! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Xx