Her2 positive stage 3

Hi all
This is my first post.
Does any one out there know somone who recovered from HER2 positive breast cancer.
Have just been diagnosed with this.
Thanks v much.

Hi Fiona, I have been diagnosed with grade 3 and am triple positive. I have just undergone a mastectomy with immediate reconstruction. I am due to start chemo once healed along with Herceptin injections for 12 months and 10 years worth of tamoxifen. The outlook is very positive with the targeted treatments for her 2 positive. Hopefully you will hear from many women who have gone through this and come out the other side to live long happy lives. It is a shock to begin with and whilst at the start of my treatment I know I’ll come out the other side cancer free and well protected at least for 10 years. Hope your ok and get the reassurance you need. Xx

Hi Bella Boo
Thank you very much for your lovely encouraging words. Im sorry to hear about your diagnosis. It is a big shock and hard to take in.
I love your positive attitude.
I wish you every sincere good wish in your recovery.
Take care. Fiona

Hi RoadRunner
I think I mean stage 3. Im not sure . Whats the difference!:relaxed:
Im delighted you are recovering and well.
Very good news.
Fiona

Ive done some searching.
Looks like im stage 3 and grade 3 .
Poorly differentiated.
Thanks Fiona

Really sorry to hear of your diagnosis Fiona :frowning: Big hugs …

It is really good to know you are NED Roadrunner. Do you mind sharing about what treatment you had please? 

Isabelle

Hi Fiona, I have a friend who was stage 3 her2+ and is healthy 10 years on. Hope that gives you some peace of mind x

Oh it does Cara065 thank you v much.xxx☺

Brilliant Sue!
Im so happy for you.
Thats fantastic news.
I am so grateful to everyone who has taken the time to write to me.
Thanks Sue, hopefully I will be back on here giving encouragement to someone else.:relaxed:

Hi, I was diagnosed 13th Feb 2015, 8 weeks before my wedding, 33 years old, her2 positive, grade 3, stage 2, 4.3cm tumor, 2 lymph nodes involved. I had a lumpectomy, chemo, full armpit lymph node clearance, mastectomy and 12 months of herceptin. I have my last herceptin injection this coming Friday :slight_smile: It’s been a roller coaster but you will see the light at the end of the tunnel. Keep strong, keep positive and keep looking to the future. Live for the moment and make happy memories. You will get through this! There are so many drugs coming onto the market to help her2 positive ladies in addition to herceptin, so I tell myself it if was to come back again I would have a good chance of fighting it again. Hopefully it won’t! I could get knocked down by a bus tomorrow, (sorry cheerful! He he) that’s why I live for the moment and enjoy life better than pre diagnosis, I used to let the smallest of things stress me out, I’m a changed person now. I do have the ‘what if’ thoughts every now and again but generally I’m back to my old life with a different perspective. I had 9 months off work and was back to full time hours after 2 months of being back. Good luck and keep going x

Wow Mich 33
How incredibly inspiring…
Right before your wedding as well.
I really admire you. Did you go ahead with the wedding as planned.
Your spirit is so admirable.
You were so young as well.
Your story has hwlped me in another way as well. It proves that lifestyle choices, have little if anything to do with the " reason" for getting this awful shocking diagnosis. I have to say that I was blaming stress in my life…
But you were younger than me with only happy things ahead. And that makes me blame myself less. Thank you so much for sharing.
xxx Fiona.