Herbal

Hi, started Tamoxifen in May, but really struggling with the flushes and not sleeping, can anyone recommend herbal remedies that i would be able to take? :dotted_line_face:

1 Like

Best to go to a professional herbalist who has knowledge of cancer treatment and also check with your oncologist. Certain herbs are contraindicated.

xx

1 Like

Hi, Thetawave,
Thanks for that, was trying to ride it out, but now im back at work i need my sleep. Xx

Hi Happyfeet

I hope you are doing well. Always best to discuss with your doctor or oncologist. I was suggested to take oil of evening primrose, which helped heaps. I eventually went and had an oophorectomy, which i honesty can say has been marvellous. i have had no hot flashes since.
I am stage 4, so it was part of my treatment plan and i no longer needed the monthly zoledex implants. It was a big decision but i have two beautiful teenagers already. I also heard certain antidepressant can help too, but always check with your medical team. Wishing you all the best Sister 🩷🩷

Hi Cherry38,
Thanks, i will make an appointment with my GP and see what they say. My HRT was stopped in January when i recieved my diagnosis, and i wasnt bothered with symptoms, but dont know if i had other things to worry about ie my cancer, but since starting my Tamoxifen its been torture. Xx

Hi @Happyfeet08, whilst not herbal i have had several courses free at cancer centres of auricular accupunture with a good effect. I am on warfarin life long and many herbal remedies interact with ut. Just a thought. Ut was also very relaxing and time out for me! 4 sessions at time then a break takes just under an hour. Xx

Hi @Happyfeet08

Welcome to the forum, we hope you find it a helpful and supportive place.

Please do have a look through the various boards and topics to find those going through similar experiences or for places you may be able to share your experiences and knowledge.

Please know that our nurses are here for you any time, here on the forum on the Ask our Nurses your questions or over the phone 0808 800 6000

This is a very supportive place, so please do ask any questions you may have.

Once again welcome, we’re always here for a chat anytime.