Hi all, back 2010 I had Herceptin as I was HER2+. The infusion were stopped after half the doses as I went into heart failure. It took two years, but my heart recovered.
I now have a recurrence, and have just been told it is HER2+ again. My consultant mentioned Herceptin again, as he didn’t know about the previous problem (my notes got lots in a move between health authorities). He doesn’t know what the oncology team will decide, but Herceptin may still be a possibility.
Has anyone had heart failure as a result of being on Herceptin, and then been given it successfully again down the line?
1 Like
My Mum had 13 doses out of 18, I think, and went into heart failure, so it was stopped. She was 80 and recovered quite quickly. They did consider restarting it, but decided against it as research was supporting less doses anyway. I think your team would consider it, with close monitoring, or even a reduced dose. Best wishes.
2 Likes
Hi I was rushed into hospital yesterday with breathing problems, they have diagnosed heart failure so seeing oncologist this morning, my recent MUGGA Scan has dropped to 49% so I am expecting them to suspend treatment, this would have been my 9th injection, I have had treatment suspended before due to drop in % of ejection fraction.
Not sure what the options are if I cannot continue my Herceptin injections.