Herceptin thread

Hi all, was just wondering if there’s a herceptin thread running anywhere as most of my group have finished their treatment and it’s gone really quiet, but me and 1 or 2 others are still battling our way through herceptin. I’ve just done number 2 of 18, is anyone else out there?

Hi.  I would love to be on a herceptin thread.  I finish my chemo on 26/3 which is 6 x FEC start herceptin 16/4.

Hi

Just thought I would drop in and wish you all well as you start your journey with Herceptin. I have just finished my 18th and must say compared to everything else we have all been thru Herceptin is sooo much easier. Just a little bit daunting as it seems to take so long but actually time does fly. I only seemed to get a bit tired on the day and as time went on a bit of a drippy nose like you get with hayfever. Good luck to you all and I will try to pop by every now and then to see how your doing.

Lol

Hi Lilyboo and thanks for your reply.

I had FEC X 6 too which I finished 2nd December and then had 15 rads sessions thru January, then had 1st Herceptin on 10th Feb. On the day my BP was a bit erratic but they put that down to white coat syndrome and I felt a bit queasy for a while but the worst part was the time scale. I was booked for 9am but they hadn’t prepared my drip so i didn’t actually start treatment until 11am then because it was the loading dose I had to be 6 hours from the start so it was 5pm before I could leave. It was ok and they were lovely but it was tiring and boring, take plenty to keep you busy would be my advice.

Do you have a picc line or are you on cannulas? True herceptin, so far anyway, is easier than chemo, it’s just that you can’t really move on till it’s over and they keep you going for echo grams and blood tests and onc visits and somehow they manage to get them all on different days so I feel like I need a season ticket for the car park! I must remind myself that we’re lucky to have the treatment available, it will soon pass. Hope you’re doing ok as you wait to start. Hopefully we will get a few more ladies on herceptin to join us here.

Thanks also to Lol for the reassurance, it’s always good to hear from someone who has already been there. Hope you enjoy getting back to normal life and all goes ok for you. One thing about going through all this is it gives you much more empathy for other people especially those in the same situation. Take care everybody x

Hi Rollercoaster.  Had my 5th FEC on Wednesday so only 1 more to go on 26th March yipee!! Have my tattoo’s done for the rads earlier that day then start rads 7th April daily till 1st May. Your so ahead of me, how did your rads go?  So my loading dose of herceptin is on the same day as my rads 17th April, 2 different hospitals, so should be fun. Herceptin at 8.30am then rads at 3pm, going straight from one to the other. My herceptin is by injection so my picc line is coming out on the 26th March.  The oncologist assures me the herceptin is a walk in the park after all the other treatment, I hope he’s right, guess Im lucky they can do the echoes the same day apparently.

To be honest since I was diagnosed early November I have been wishing for time to just hurry away till end of chemo, so feel I can get on with my life and make plans while on herceptin its not so invasive (I hope).  And yes we are lucky a few years back it was not available and it really gives us the best chance.  I will be starting Tamoxifen about the same time too.  Have to hope that goes OK too!!

You must have had your 2nd herceptin now, was that better?  Any side effects?  Can you transfer to injections if you want?  Hope all is going well?

Thanks Lol for the reassurance

x