here I go again....

Hi all
I posted on here earlier this month after finding a lump during breast feeding. Anyway, fortunately we have bupa cover so went private after gp referral and consultant I saw diagnosed a milk cyst and drained it.

Unfortunately for me it refilled quickly which he said it might and to go back to see him if need be. I suffer from bad anxiety and post natal depression and so even after seeing him earlier in month I am still convincing myself it is something else. It is so difficult as I am breastfeeding still so evry twinge etc I panic at.

have been to gp this morning who wont prescribe for anxiety due to bf my daughter. She felt my boob and said it did have the smooth hard characteristics of a cyst and she couldnt see or feel anything else but suggested I go back to see consultant again for it drained for reassurance. Have appt for tues pm and now in a total state worrying that this time it wont drain and turn out to be my worst fears after all
Just wish I could shake this anxiety.

Anyone been in similar place or offer any reassurance or advice please?

Thank you ladies, just reading these forums helps. Love to you all xxx

Hi coll26

It sounds like you’re having a tough time at the moment.  I’m sure some of the other users will be a long soon to offer you their experiences.

In the meantime you might find it helpul to give the BCC helpline a call on 0808 800 6000.  Here you can share your thoughts and concerns with someone who will offer you a listening as well as emotional support and practical information.  Lines are open today 10 to 2pm and Monday to Friday 9 to 5pm.

Best wishes Sam, BCC Facilitator