Hi all, New member, very worried

Hi all, just want to say first of all ive been loitering on these forums for a couple of days and you guys are all so brave and friendly :slight_smile: Im 33 years old and have 3 kids age 9,6 and 2.
Just before xmas I noticed a lump in my right breast went to the doctors last week and was refered to the Breast Service clinic.
Have my appointment for next week, just want to ask since ive been to my GP’S Ive felt another item for concern in my left breast it is like a sort of thickening in the back of my breast towards my chest, like a tendon or muscle but rough to the feel.
Should I inform the breast service about this as with it being deep in my breast didn’t think it was anything to nother them with.
If you dont mind me asking if its ok how were most of you guys diagnosed.
Sorry if this post appears twice as I dont think I sent my last post properly.
Thanks.

Hi minxymoo

Welcome to the forums, this is a very worrying time for you but you have come to the right place for support from our experienced users who I’m sure will be along to support you soon.

In the meantime maybe you would like to talk things through with a member of our helpline staff who are there to offer emotional support as well as practical information. The free phone number is 0808 800 600 and the lines are open Monday to Friday 9.00 to 5.00 and Saturday 9.00 to 2.00.

Best wishes
June, moderator

Mixymoo,

Hello and sorry to hear your worry & concern in your post. Of course you should mention anything that is worrying you when you go to your appt. They’ll ask anyway but don’t keep schtum.

I personally felt a lump on my left boob on 17th Dec & saw my GP on 20th. My appt at Breast Clinic was 29th (policy is to give you an appt within 2 weeks). I confirmed my lump to the consultant but he had a feel of the right side anyway & also felt around my neck/shoulder blade area. He sent me for a mammo & they do both sides as well.

I’m sure there’s loads of things it could be so as you’ve already taken the 1st step, you’re that little bit closer to either putting your mind to rest or at least being able to get it all sorted.

If you post where you are, there might even be someone on the forum who can give you some feedback on your particular area/staff etc. That sometimes help quell some worries as it’s not quite so much the unknown then.

Take care & cyber hugs sent your way xx Chris

Fingers and toes crossed for you that it’s nothing, but if any chance it is, it’s way better that they find it and treat it xx

Hi Minxy

I had a couple of cysts whilst my youngest was about 2 which were not cancerous.

Unforutunately 14 years later, I am in this club as I found a lump in July and found it was Grade 3 invasive cancer with no nodes involved.

I do hope you find that it is not cancer but any fears you have should be discussed at your appt.

Keep us informed.
Thinking of you

Janette xxx

Hi Minxy

Mention EVERYTHING. At the clinic I attended they were very thorough, and looked at everything with the ultrasound.

Remember that about 9 out of 10 lumps referred to clinics are FINE. Not cancer, nothing to fret about, cysts are very common but very alarming.

Give the helpline a ring if you need to, and post on here as much as you like.

The waiting room completely SUCKS, but you WILL be out the door very soon (hopefully the “Exit, go home, you’re fine” door).

Keep us posted please, we like a good news story.

hope everything turns out fine and nothing to worry about but if you need us in the mean time we are all here for support this is the worst time waiting for appointments and results . I found a thickening in my left breast which i found after swimming i thought i had pulled a muscle so didnt go straight away to GP but then a couple of months later it started to wake me at night with a burning stabbing pain got reffered and hey ho here iam thankfully all finished treatment now ( except tamoxifen) and looking forward to a bright ,long,healthy future xx Julie

Hi all,
Thanks for your kind words, I will mention it when I go.
I’m from Rotherham South Yorkshire. So have been refered to Rotherham breast services.