hi, I am new here

Hi, I found a breast lump about a month ago. I went to see me GP who referred me to the breast clinic, got my appointment 2 weeks late, had an ultrasound and biopsy and was told, the lump needs to come out a week later and that there is 95% chance it is nothing to worry about. So off I went for the excision about ten days ago, just before the op was told it is very superficial so had to go for another ultrasound to be marked for where to cut. While I was waiting for ultrasound could hear the consultant talking about my lump as it c3 nodule. So now I am waiting for my results, I am so scared, I am 31 and have got a 6 year old daughter. Can anybody had similar experience, please let me know, as i am terrified. Thank you Lucie

Hi Lucie31,

Welcome to the BCC discussion forums, where I’m sure you’ll get lots of support from the other users of this site.

If you feel you would like to talk to someone in confidence then the BCC helpline is here for you. The staff, who are all either breast care nurses or people who have personal experience of breast care issues offer a good ‘listening ear’ support and information. Calls to the helpline are free, as are all BCC’s publications, lines open Mon to Fri 9am - 5pm and Sat 9am - 2pm
0808 800 6000

Kind regards,
Kate, BCC Facilitator