Hi, New member

HI
I have just joined this forum today, been all over the internet, too much probably and worrying myself sick.
It has been very interesting and informative to read the posts, I am sure I will be trawling through even more as time goes on.
I am looking for help/support please, maybe some reassurance.
I had my first breast screening a few weeks ago and was recalled, I went for my recall last week, had a 2nd mammogram and ultrasound which found several cysts, maybe a cluster of them, couldn’t really take in what was being said. There was also a small shadow behind the cysts and the radiologist wasn’t sure if it was another cyst or not or a shadow cast by the others.
I get my results tomorrow, I am so terrified and am on diazepam from my gp for the crippling anxiety this is causing me.
I didn’t feel any lump and the doctor at the breast screening couldn’t either, I take this is a positive.
Everywhere on the internet says cysts show clearly so how could this shadow be another cyst, was the radiologist just trying to stop me from having a cardiac arrest in front of his eyes.
I know I shouldn’t google symptoms, but as a lot of people do, I just want one site to say this shadow is nothing to worry about.
I apologise to all of you who are in the same boat, are living with breast cancer, I must sound so self obsessed, any comments please ?

Many thanks and apologies again for venting.

WJ

Hello Jeanie

Welcome to the forums.

Whilst waiting for replies maybe you would like to talk things through with a member of our helpline staff who are there to offer emotional support as well as practical information. The free phone number is 0808 800 600 and the lines are open Monday to Friday 9.00 to 5.00 and Saturday 10.00 to 2.00.

best wishes

June, moderator

Hi Wee Jeannie

You don’t sound at all self-obsessed, just very worried which is only natural. I’m sorry I can’t help you with your symptoms (I had a benign cyst in one breast and cancer in the other) I’ve also been on diazepam because I wasn’t sleeping with being so worried and so many thoughts going round and round my head.

The best advice I was given was “Hope for the best but prepare for the worst”. It was almost a relief to be told that I did in fact have breast cancer.

Don’t worry about venting, it’s something most of us need to do and the lovely people on this forum understand that.

Good luck for tomorrow. Please let us know how you get on.

(((hugs))) Maggie xx

Hi Jeannie, . Stick to this site for now. You are in the hardest place , the waiting is the pits and you will need to keep busy until your next appointment and definately don’t go on Google, its full of rubbish and misinformation and it will cause you unecessary worry. It is a very emotional time, try and confide in a trusted friend or relative. If that’s not possible speak to the Helpline on here. They are very good and know best. Please remember that you are doing all the right things . The radiologist is simply following hospital procedure (NICE guidelines), they have to do every test known to man before they give you your results. You take care, you will be in my thoughts and prayers for results tomorrow. Hugs Kathy x