Hiya

So i have breast cancer, im 39 and found out a week ago. Im carring on as normal seems the only way to go, i have a mri on monday to double check the size and then its go from there. Its weird i haven’t freaked out yet im sure i will at some point lol 

all i can focus on is keeping things normal for my kids for aslong as i can. Im scared, confused but positive. Im not sure wha5 else to put at the moment, so i guess it just a chance to say hello xxx

Hi chanboo

Firstly, welcome to the forums, I am sure you will find it a great source of information and support. I’m sorry to read of your diagnosis. As well as the support you are receiving on the forums you might find it helpful to order the BCC resources pack. It has been specifically designed for those newly diagnosed and contains information to help you better understand your diagnosis, test results and the various treatments available. If you would like to order a copy just follow the link bellow:-

www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/publications/diagnosed-breast-cancer/resource-pack-primary-early-breast-cancer-bcc145

Also, do give the helpline a ring if you need any further support or information. They’re on 0808 800 6000. Open 9-5 Monday to Friday and 10-2 Saturday.

Best wishes Sam, BCC Facilitator

Hi, I’m new here also. I was diagnosed in the last month and like yourself needed to go back for MRI to check for size and then determine treatment. I’m 41 years old, I have a 12 year old daughter and much like yourself I am focusing on staying positive and getting on with life as best I can. My mode of operation at the moment seems to be to take each day as it comes. 

Like yourself I didn’t freak out or melt when I was diagnosed, but I have noticed that I feel less tolerant of other stressful situations as they arise. I find things which formerly would have seemed nothing now solicit a ‘I don’t need this’ response from me these days. I understand that this is just my way of processing my situation and my lower tolerance to stress is part of it. There isn’t a right or wrong way to absorb the fact that you have been diagnosed with Breast Cancer, we all deal with things differently. 

Stay strong and keep your chin up x