Home after diep .amazing result

Hi ladies .well what can I say .I can’t believe I had diep 7days ago and I’m walking as normal.I have no pain at all other than a little tightness when gettin in and out of bed and up from a chair.the results are nothing short of amazing .my female surgeon at wythenshawe has done a fantastic job.my scar is perfect and low and will be able to still wear bikini knickers.I havnt seen boob yet till dressings come off my stomach is completely flat .I was told to keep getting up and straightening up as much as possible so even though getting up out of the bed was painful once I was up I just kept going for little walks.would I recommend diep …? Yes yes and yes .forget how long the op is after all we are asleep and don’t. Know anything ,forget it’s longer recovery its a few more weeks but it’s for life ,my main concern was I wanted a natural breast to match the other one ,what will grow with the other one and will age with the other one.this I have and my post baby baggy belly is now in the bin .yippee if anybody is thinking of diep I hope this post helps.the results are truly amazing.a couple of days discomfort were truly worth it .

Great news Chiilipink, I am considering the diep recon but haven’t made my mind up yet, reading your comments makes me think its definitely the way to go! Did you have your other breast matched to size and uplifted at all…or are you not old enough to need the uplift yet??

Kate

Hi,

I am so pleased you are so happy after your DIEP recon. I am about to visit plastic surgeon regards my own recon. I was leaning towards the ldflap. But now having read this am seriously thinking about the DIEP. The recovery time was an issue and was also worried about the scarring after discussing with bc nurse. I am naturally very large breasted so will have to have a reduction on the other side. Dreading it all but looking forward to putting on normal bras etc again. Has any one had this with a reduction on remaining breast ? Would welcome any advice. Wishing you a continued speedy recovery chiilipink.

xx

Hi Chillipink, I’m so pleased for you tyhat everything has gone well with yoru DIEP.  I am having the same op next Spring and am goign throughthe usual worries and considerations etc, as you did too.  However, I have made the decision to go for it (the delay is my own choice for family reasons).  I have been following your story for some time now and just wanted to say well done and thank you for being so positive!  Can I ask, how have you got on with the knickers / bra?  Ive seen lots of posts about control knicers and front fastening bra’s and have started making notes about the items I will need before surgery.  I would be interested to hear how you have got on with that issue.  Good luck to you, I do hope that your recovery continues to move forward and that you continue to be thrilled withthe results.

Joan xxxx

Hi, I had my DIEP surgery 3 weeks ago. It wasn’t my first choice of surgery but after my body rejected the tissue expander i couldn’t have the LD flap and implant reconstruction so DIEP was my only choice. I was absolutely terrified before the surgery but I have been pleasantly surprised by how pain free it has been. Obviously stiffness is an issue and I did have some lower back pain for about 2 weeks if I stood up for too long but on the whole I am so pleased I did it now I can’t stop looking at it! I will need an uplift on the other side later but that’s no problem and as for the scars, well i’m proud of them because they show that I am stronger than whatever tried to hurt me.

Debs x

Hi I had diep 18 days ago. My tummy isn’t flat and sometimes feels full of fluid and sometimes fees really hard. I’m not in pain other then sharp pains sometimes in my stomach?

to CHILLIEPINK…Wow, this is just what I want to hear. Have had, for last 5 months,7 lots of surgery, including mastectomy one one side, and having the silicone implant remove only yesterday,after having problems with the strattice. Other side had an implant to replace an old one, that caused problems, then had expanders, eventually had that removed… Am now having a complete break, to get my fitness levels back up, then seriously considering the DIEP. Just hate being flat, especially at the moment as not being able  a bra for a few days. If I had this done I would go to Chelmsford.Please carry on posting your results, feel so uplifted reading your post 

I am fortunate in making a friend who had just had a DIEP, and has been very helpfu.l Thing is with breast cancer, you do make friends!!!

CHILLIEPINK…Wont be till the summer, need to complete the London 10k end of May first, and get my fitness levels up, Have had a rough time of it, expanders, infections etc, oh, and sloughy wounds. Yuk, just as well I was a nurse in someway, as could do my own dressings!! You are an inspiration and may come back to you a few times before long, seeing my lovely surgeon on Wednesday,  will say I have virtually decided on that route, After what I have had,  also 2 hip replacements, now that is major surgery, can face up to anything!!! Just hate being flat!!xx

Hi all.  I’m so glad I’ve come across these posts.  I’m waiting for an admission date to to have a DIEP reconstruction and am just starting to get a bit wobbly.  Reading all of these posts has given me so much reassurance.  Thank you!

Thank-you, I have read less positive reviews, and know we’re all different, but your outlook and enthusiasm is really helpful - hopefully due surgery in few months time

<Empty imported post>