Hot Flushes

I am in my 3rd year of taking Tamoxifen and my hot flushes are absolutely horrendous.  I have about 40 to 50 flushes a day and am constantly sweating and really really hot.  I have spoken to my GP and consultant and have not had much help regarding this.  I have tried various herbal remedies and also Black Cosh but to no avail.  I am dreading the hot summer coming whcih is causing me to panic.  I am getting to the stage where I just don’t know what to do and am crying constantly because it is literally ruining my life.  Any suggestions would be very helpful.

<Empty imported post>

Hi Looloo

when I started taking Letrozole I had a few hot flushes ( not too bad though) and the BCN suggested 

I try acupuncture in the ears, can’t remember what it was called. The other ladies were on tamoxifen and suffered with bad flushes and felt the treatment was extremely helpful, so much so that they had a course of about 10 treatments and then went for top ups periodically when the flushes returned a bit.

I wasn’t too bad like I said and just enjoyed their company, my problems with Letrozole are the aches and pains in the joints.

The acupuncture was available at our local cancer support place attached to the hospital.

I hope this could be helpful to you.

xx

Hi Looloo

You may get more replies if you post on the “Going through treatment” section.

michelle