Hot Sweats are too much

Hi, I’m Nat and new to the forum :waving_hand:

I was diagnosed with Metastatic Breast Cancer in May 2025, ER & PR+, HER-2 Low. I already had 10 chronic illnesses, mainly pain/fatigue e.g. M.E, Fibromyalgia, CRPS, Arthritis & Chronic Migraine

I am on my 3rd line treatment - Oral Chemo, Capecitabine (3rd cycle about to start)

With Fibromyalgia, it is difficult to regulate body temperature. I am also going through surgical menopause.

I’ve tried Oxybutynin for the hot sweats but it didn’t help. They are present day & night. I’m getting truly distressed at having soaking wet hair & face every day, particularly when I’m out in public. I have a battery fan in my handbag & all around the house

Does anyone have any tips/solutions please? Many thanks :blush:

1 Like

I’m using acupuncture and finding it useful. Started with a free local NHS NADA course now having one to one as I can’t deal with the small incense filled claustrophobic space the group one was help in.

I’m also taking magnesium to counteract side effects from taking Letrozole for a few months and it’s helped the hot flushes too.,

1 Like

Thanks!

I use magnesium already. I’ve had acupuncture for headaches and thought it was quite good. My local cancer centre has complimentary therapies - I have massage there - but I don’t know about acupuncture. I’ll be sure to ask them!

1 Like

Hi there

What a difficukt time your experincing. I was advised primrose oil. I have not started it yet but thought i would share the advise. I hope you find the thing that works for you to manage more comfortably x

Thanks so much for replying. I’m going to check with my oncology team, but I know that natural supplements are strictly vetted with my treatment e.g. I can no longer use multi vitamin supplements. We’ll see :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

I totally understand about the sweats, I’ve been on Tamoxifen since November 25 and have found my night sweats in particular have gotten worse especially in the last month or so. I wake up about 5 times a night and so even more tired in addition to the tiredness from the Tamoxifen. I still have my summer quilt on the bed and 4 fans around me going all night. I have cut caffeine down so no longer have any for atleast 2 hours before bed which is my only vice LOL for the day sweats I have bought one of those neck fans, they are great as it just looks like you have head phones around your neck.
I too can’t take supplements.

I think I might have to reduce my coffee a bit, too. Again, my only vice. I already drink 2-3 litres of water daily and I’m trying to have more tea/infusions. Thanks for replying x

1 Like