How do you find out an operation date?

Hi all, I have had a Ct scan and a pre operation app on Monday. I wondered if there are any further appointments before you get a date for an operation? I’m having a mastectomy but don’t have a date when it takes place.
Thanks for any advice, it’s a long wait and not sure what all needs assessed!

Dear Mip,

We have all been there, now we are here for you. Wishing you well for next Monday, I feel once you have had your scans, your plan will be put in place, maybe after Monday call your breast cancer nurse who will have more information on you.

In the meantime if you haven’t already done so a notepad to hand to write a few notes, as we are all place at the moment so much to take in it will all fall into place. Take one day at a time, look after yourself and let us know how your getting along.

Have a restful weekend, lots of nice treats.

Big hugs Tili :rainbow::pray::rainbow::pray:

2 Likes

Hi Mip

I got all my appointments when I received my diagnosis, but I guess all areas are different. Speak to your bcn as she should be able to explain their process to you.

It’s a horrible time, I’ve had two operations in the last 7 weeks and still got another 3 weeks to wait for the latest results, feel like I’ll never get a treatment plan.

Take care
Jackie x

1 Like

Thank you ladies, appreciate you both responding.