How long for ct results??? Worrier!!!

Hi had ct last thurs 8 days ago they said could take 2 weeks but gp could chase up sooner have rang surgery again today and they said it hadn’t been reported on is this good? Had ct of head cos of constant headaches but I said the pain is the top of my neck and shoulder but he said he’d do bloods and head ct then see. Don’t kno why they couldn’t do it all at the same time bloods were ok so if scan is ok will have to wait again t get neck done. How soon were your results. If ther was a problem I think I mite hav heard earlier is this so ? Does someone read them straight away. Any info or experiences would be great good or bad !!! Xx. Rozita

Usually if anything is showing on a Brain CT ,the radiographers will flag it up to the radiologist for a quick report so treatment can get started ASAP.However I can’t be sure all depts work this way.
Fingers crossed you are on the normal pile of CTs to be reported.
Love n hugs
Dot
xxx

Hi rozita not sure if this will be of any help , but was dx with breast cancer had bilatral mastectomy full node clearence so had to have all scans mri, bone, and ct scan wich i had on a monday and on the wednesday they called me back in to wich they told me i have secondarys so i think if they think there is something wrong they would get u in sooner rather than later , but cant coment on your hospital . Also with me i was called back because there now not sure its secondarys but thats anouther story . but please come back and let us no how you get on and if your still worried phone your bcn as she can hurry things along or let you no what is happening with your results please dont sit there worrying make a call . best of luck bev xx

Hi rozita

As well as the support you are receiving here if you do need some additional emotional support through this worrying time please don’t hesitate to give the BCC helpline a call on 0808 800 6000. The lines are open Monday to Friday 9 to 5pm and Saturday 9 to 2pm.

Best wishes Sam, BCC Facilitator

bumping up

Bump xx

Hi Rozita

I had to wait 10 days for my results but I was told it could be 2 weeks. Quite often they go to the multidisciplinary team so that you have the Oncologist and a Radiologist looking at them together. So it can depend when the MDT meets. While the wait is terrible, I did find it reassuring to know that more than one person had looked at the scans, discussed and made a decision.

I’m a terrible worrier too. When I have had scans I’ve tried to read something into everything: the way the radiographer looked at me, the time I had to wait etc. It’s a sure way to drive yourself mad.

If you don’t know how you’re going to get your results then you need to speak to someone like your BCN and find out. She might also know if your results are going to be discussed this week.

Hope it’s going to be all good news. Take care, Elinda x