How much more?!

Hi everyone,

Not sure where to begin….

Diagnosed November with invasive ductal. One lumpectomy was followed by another… and another… further 2 smaller tumours and Dcis. Then we moved to mastectomy as clear margins still not achieved. Went for immediate reconstruction as radiotherapy was not on the cards…. But then was.

Age 45 on 4th month of zoladex and tamoxifen… so all that change too.

Now on 5/15 radiotherapy and have 2 small painful lumps in armpit… now referred for further ultrasound and biopsies. Lymph nodes were previously clear.

Im really not sure how much more I can take. Trying to keep working full time as manager of multiple companies (only taken one week in total off sick since Nov and I had drains then!) but just feel like a consistent failure in everything…including my own body!

Putting on the brave face and trying to be superwoman feels a little hard at the moment.

Crying…. But good to let it out,

Thank you for reading x

You‘ve had it tough!

Thank you for sharing - better out than in.

wishing you all the best!  

Dear Alip12

It is too much - even superwoman would find it hard to cope with especially with only a week off for one of your surgeries and so much uncertainty. Radiotherapy is tiring too as the sessions go on and you’ve ten more to go.  Sounds like you should take proper time signed off sick - your company can manage without you, especially a multi national, but there is only one you and you need to prioritise yourself.

If you can’t take time off for cancer treatment and recovery time when can you?  

Sandpiper

x

Alip12, please be kind to yourself, you are amazing and always remember that Do ring the number on here and speak to a nurse, rads can give quite a bit of fatigue as you have more, and you can just nod off mid doing something, so please keep safe with this in mind you don’t want to be driving and nod off. Your employers should support you, do ask when you ring the number, you have rights Please let us know how you get on and please keep safe :two_hearts: :two_hearts: :sparkles: :sparkles: Shi xx

Dear @alip12 , you sound like you are going through a tough time.

Even the strongest superwomen need a hand, and a break sometimes 

I wonder if speaking to our team of breast care nurses may help. You can reach us on freephone 0808 800 6000 (Mon-Fri 9am-4pm; Sat 9am-1pm). Our team is friendly, patient, and entirely non-judgmental - so anything you need to get off your chest, we’re here to listen.

If you’d rather write any questions down, this very Forum has a section where people can ask our nurses questions: the Ask Our Nurse boards.

Sending positive vibes your way x

Bernard

Hi

I am sorry you’ve had a tough time but it sounds like you are stronger than you realise.

But, even strong women need a break. Take some time off work and let your body heal. If you’re tired you should rest. I too was exhausted but kept working as long as I could. Then I realised my body needed to recover so am now resting whenever I need to.

If you feel like exercise, maybe short walks will help. The fresh air helps your mind and body.

Good luck and remember you are only human. You’ve got this!!

Bev x