How old are you?

Hi Maureen
I’m 50 and got my diagnosis today. I hadn’t felt anything - was recalled after routine screening mammogram. Had ultrasound and biopsies in both breasts as lump in one and calcification in other. Lump is IDC 13mm, er + (still getting to grips with the lingo) It’s been an awful week but I do feel better for knowing. Good luck and solidarity
Mandy xxxx

Im 53 , i was diagnosed may 5th with grade 2 idc , routine mammogram , thank god for screening.

Debbie x

im 31 so seems im the baby of you all with grade 3 37mm idc er+ and her2+, so seems i have it all. awaitin biopsy of lymph glands. never the less startin chemo monday

Hi Fairy
Good luck with chemo! I’m seeing chemo nurse on Weds, so should be starting soon too.
We must keep each other updated.xx

I’m 32 was 31 at diagnosis in April. Grade 3 triple negative currently on chemo 5 out of 6 x

Hi all,
I’m 39, diagnosed a couple of weeks ago after finding lump in armpit end of June. hoping to get started on treatment- initially chemo/herceptin/hormones in the next week or so. Seeing the oncologist Monday, bone scan Wednesday(aching hip is causing a bit of extra worry),
Cath x

I am 50 and only checked after watching a documentary about the lead Singer of the 80’s band The Alarm during which his wife was diagnosed with BC. The program was supposed to be about his 25 years of living with cancer. Her friend had nagged her to check so now I am the nagging friend.

I found a lump, waited 3 weeks for GP appointment despite saying it was a breast lump. GP said she thought it was just a thickening but she examined me lying down and I could only feel it sitting up because quite deep.

breast clinic nearly 3 weeks later, mammogram, ultrasound and biopsy all done within 45 minutes. I was told by the lady who did the ultrasound before she started that she didn’t like the look of the mammogram.

told by the consultant that day that it was highly likely to be cancer then the horrible 2 week wait for confirmation. I just wanted to know and have a plan. I got lucky when I went for results on Wednesday that the surgeon had a slot for yesterday, so 3cm lump now hopefully all gone! Results of that and biopsy of the removed lump nodes and further treatment plan in 3 weeks. Hopefully the waiting for that will be better because at least I know that the lump has gone.

bit sore and spaced today but not too bad, will be looking at sleeping tips though, struggling with that.

It would appear that bc had no respect for age and anyone is susceptible x good luck to each and everyone of you lovely lot xxxxx

Im 42 I found a lump in November ,one lump soon turned to two ,and I was diagnosed 2 weeks ago just had an MRI scan and I go Wednesday the 16th for my treatment plan.

Since I’ve been diagnosed and have been telling friends, it’s amazing (frightening really) just how many people know of someone who has had BC. Thankfully majority ended with an all-clear result.

Hi Caro,
Welcome to the forum, although sorry to see you here.
Getting a diagnosis is a shock, like you I was totally fit & well at diagnosis, we all generally are, as thankfully bc tends to hit picked up early. So thankfully it can now be dealt with.
Do come & chat whenever you need to, there’s loads of us here where you are now, as well as those of us further down the line & out the other side.
ann x

Caro x welcome and big hugs x

Charys I love your post x a miracle happened in my house I went the loo and a new roll was on the holder and the inner was in the bin I thought my family had been abducted and replaced by aliens x long may that change continue x

I’m 50 so I rather gratified when the nurses who sorted out my cannula before my CT scan asked me if there was any chance I was pregnant!!! Hahaaa ?

hahaha, yes I remember feely oddly gratified to hear from the dr when she was doing my initial biopsy, that I had ‘young, active breasts’ at 55 !! ?

Lmao they did a pregnancy test on me and said it is negative my response was thank goodness or the psych ward would be more appropriate than this one x

Michelle that is funny (not that you had s hysterectomy) that they had not checked your notes if it had come up positive you would have been a medical wonder and worth a fortune x

See I wouldn’t have known the difference between tablets and would previous probsbly just blindly accept what ever I was told however through this process I am questioning lots of things so I feel a little bit in control xxx

I’m 73 went for mammogram saw I had cancer had 5 biopsys got stage 2 lobular invasive oestrogen positive 12mm waiting for surgery

<Empty imported post>