How old are you?

Had a lovely time at the wedding but only stopped an hour I was tired but more mentally tires as it was the wedding of someone I work with and everyone was asking me how I was. I really wanted to just go and enjoy myself and blend into the background but it didn’t happen xx

Get that SueW! You are just repeating yourself all night and the talking exhausts you but if they don’t ask then you might think ‘Don’t they care!’

Tonight a customer came in I knew they wanted an update and when I said I start chemo on 4th Sept she said ‘Awww!’ the worse thing she could say! So me being me said ‘What do you mean, awww? It’s good I can be treated!’ Ooops! I think she felt bad but then even worse wanted a cuddle on the way out and I can’t handle cuddles at the moment, they get me going!!! It is a rather sensitive time though and I’m dreading the sympathtic looks when people see I’ve lost my hair!

Ck you are right I think if no one had asked I would have guot the hump lol think people can’t do right for doing wrong around me at the moment x
Did you sort your wig in preparation? Good luck for when chemo starts x hope if I send a virtual hug it won’t start you off xxxxx

Hahaha, send all the hugs you want! My hairdresser is on the case for the wig and daughter has finally come to terms with it which helps!
Thanks for the good wishes. 2 weeks til I start! Heat beats so loud when I think of it!!! X

Hi Lisa,
Glad you found us, although sorry to see you here.
The early days of diagnosis are so difficult as the shock & uncertainty tends to turn your mind upside down & inside out for a while, we’ve all been there at some point.
There is so much anxious waiting at this stage & inevitably the mind goes into overdrive in trying to fill in the gaps, but
once your diagnosis is finalised & your treatment plan is in place, then it starts to feel better.
Do come & chat on here if you need to & when you start treatment there is the ‘going through treatment’ board where you will be able to chat to others at the same place you are.
Thankfully, bc is very treatable now, with some of the best outcomes there are.
ann x

I have just finished my treatment and am feeling very emotional and scared. Your post has mad me feel a lot better thank you x